Senior Data Scientist - Manufacturing - to £60,000
Can you use quantitative methods (business simulations, data mining, modelling and advanced statistical techniques) to solve problems and achieve resolutions? This Senior Data Scientist role will see you contribute to this by acting as the technical lead of analytics project teams tasked with solving complex business problems.
What's the focus of the role?
Focussing predominantly on Supply chain and Operational analytics, looking at how to gain insights from a wide variety of data sources in order to make the global supply chain and factories more efficient and inform future strategy across the manufacturing plants. This could be in improving lead-times, changing purchasing or transportation strategy or re-defining configuration capability. The key responsibility of the Senior Data Scientist is to grow and develop from being an individual contributor on project teams to acting as the technical lead and providing insight to others.
As the Senior Data Scientist you will:
- Participate on and effectively manage, multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in the application statistical methods and/or digital methods to solve business problems.
- Coach and mentor colleagues in the creation, validation and application of statistical models, as well as in implementing digital solutions;
- Research and apply new methods to exceed customer expectations.
- Continuously develop knowledge in Analytics and growth skill set
You will act as the overall technical lead for the team in establishing a sound analytic approach for solving the problem at hand. You will develop a good network within the technical community to enable collaboration on technical solutions and be able to obtain resources and cooperation needed, whilst removing roadblocks to ensure the success of the team.
Skills, experience and qualifications you will offer as Senior Data Scientist will include:
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level, preferably in statistics, economics, mathematics, physics or a similar field with quantitative coursework (or equivalent level of relevant professional experience)
- Excellent communication skills, being able to explain conclusions to customers with limited knowledge and experience with quantitative analytical methods
- An eye for innovation and development
- Experience of Analytics within supply chains or global networks
- Experience with Tableau, Alteryx or other ETL & visualisation packages
For further details on this Senior Data Scientist role please contact Grant Nisbet