This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Platform Engineer with a solid Linux or Unix systems admin background, ideally with on-premise (Cloudera) as well as off-premise/cloud platform experience to provide technical leadership and advise to an experienced team of DevOps Engineers within the Data Platform Engineering team for a major UK financial institution. £70k to £76k basic plus 10% bonus and additional 7% flexible cash benefits plus generous pension, flex benefits and the chance to make a real impact. Remote plus London working.
As a technical lead you will make a significant contribution to the design, implementation, administration and support of the Banks's Data Platforms. You will be accountable for resolving technical issues, making sure specialist support is engaged where appropriate. You will also be responsible for the team's standards and procedures.
Responsibilities for the Senior Data Platform Engineer include:
* Act as a technical guide, and train and mentor other team members, whilst being able to deliver a high level of quality in your own work.
* Evolve the existing on-premise (Cloudera / Hortonworks) data platform towards the cloud, understanding how this type of platform integrates with other infrastructure (e.g. with storage and networks).
* Help develop other team members through effective knowledge sharing, mentoring, coaching and communication, ensuring the team is productive, engaged, and is motivated to deliver Data Platforms' outcomes
Key skills required:
* Enterprise Linux or Unix systems administration
* Configuration management automation experience using Ansible or similar tools
* Build and administration of on-premise Cloudera / HDP implementations
* Technical leadership, e.g., mentoring less experienced colleagues
* An understanding and passion for DevOps principles, practices and tools (e.g., Terraform, Jenkins, Git, Nexus, Artifactory)
* IaC automation tools, e.g., Terraform or VMware VRA/VRO
* Configuring and deploying continuous delivery pipelines within a DevOps tool chain
In return, this role offers a base salary of circa £70,000 to £76,000 plus 10% bonus and additional flex cash of 7% of basic salary on dialling down benefits/pension contribution, excellent benefits including:
* A non-contributory, guaranteed retirement with the option to increase your pension (to 1/50th) or decrease (to 1/120th) in exchange for salary through a flexible benefits programme
* A 7% benefits allowance with the option to take as salary or purchase a wide range of flexible benefits.
* 25 days annual leave with option to buy up to 13 additional days through flexible benefits.
* Private medical insurance and income protection insurance (50% of salary)
If you are Platform Engineer with a solid Linux or Unix systems admin background, ideally with on-premise (Cloudera) as well as off-premise/cloud platform experience able to provide technical leadership and advise to an experienced team of DevOps Engineers, then contact Andrew Medhurst at Inspire People for more information, or apply now.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'