Senior Data & Intelligence Analyst
Your new role
Reporting to the Data Analysis & Intelligence Manager, you will join a team responsible for data analysis and modelling activities that inform significant assessment, investment, planning and operational decisions across the South West region.
You will be responsible for gathering and analysing a wide range of data imperative to the running of the strategic road network. By engaging effectively with key stakeholders, you will produce reports on your findings for a range of audiences, informing future decision making and strategies.
We are able to offer this role from our Bristol or Exeter office.
What you'll be leading on
* Gathering, monitoring and analysing data from the region's assets, operations and services to inform operational decision-making.
* Identifying opportunities to improve the region's safety, customer and delivery performance through the innovative use of data analysis and insights, producing performance and service insights to support and improve the region's decision-making.
* Actively working with regional and wider Highways England stakeholders to define data sets and analytical approaches that support business decision making, and assist in driving improvements in data management processes and practices.
* Data Visualisation, presenting large amounts of information in ways that are universally understandable and easy to interpret, enabling the audience to spot patterns, trends and correlations, including the use of maps, charts and infographics.
To be successful
* You will have extensive experience in working with varied sets of data to extract meaningful insights;
* Be numerate with practical knowledge of data analytics methodologies, tools and techniques;
* Have a comprehensive understanding of data and information management principles and best practices;
* Demonstrate effective written and verbal presentation and communication skills
* It would be desirable to demonstrate advanced Excel, SQL and/or GIS skills;
* It would be desirable to demonstrate knowledge of datasets relevant to Highways
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future. We achieve this through the delivery of our capital programme, supporting customers on the road with our Traffic Officer Service and managing incidents effectively.
Want to know more?
Please review the role profile to find out more.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.
- Data analysis
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'