Senior Data Engineer | Up to £70,000 | London
Your new company
My Client is looking for a Senior Data Engineer with exposure to big data and technologies such as Spark, Scala and the Hadoop. You will be joining an agile team in their London office to help design and build the Data Platform.
Your new role
- Developing Big Data applications that exploit a unique and large collection of scientific data
- Contribute to defining the project tech stack and standards in the team & department
- Building well-formed APIs and services to allow members of the wide ecosystem to easily integrate with our applications
- Taking advantage of techniques such as pair programming and continuous delivery
What you'll need to succeed
- Development experience on the JVM using Scala / Java
- Familiarity with Big Data Technologies such a Spark, Hadoop
- Familiarity with Kafka
- Familiarity with AWS and/or Cloudera
- Agile experience with Scrum/Kanban/XP
- Experience with agile engineering practices such as TDD, pair programming, continuous Integration, automated testing and deployment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'