Purpose of the role:
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will scope and deliver data projects for our diverse client base involving hands-on data engineering and appropriate testing before handover to QA and delivery. You will provide vital technical input into the solution definition, design data warehouses and provide accurate estimates of effort to support Project Managers all of which results in projects running to schedule.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will
- Deliver technical aspects of proposals, quotes and project specification documents
- Manage a team of Data Engineer(s)
- Support the project delivery process by providing timely updates to Project Managers and Account Managers on the progress of all projects under your supervision
- Ensure the delivery of all projects under your supervision are on schedule, to the time estimates given
- Be responsible for identifying technical trend opportunities
- Recommend, and enforce data and technical standards, and governance for projects
- Take responsibility for BAU work commitments
- Support/mentor junior team members
- Work with the senior technology team to ensure that the right technology is being used with the right resource allocated to the project
- Champion best practices within the team including version control, documentation and peer review.
- Design and implement complex data pipelines required in the data warehouse and data lake
- Deliver complex data modeling and views
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- You will have 3+ years demonstrable commercial experience developing a number of high-value projects in data provision
- Skilled in data development, experience with ETL processes
- Strong SQL capabilities
- High standards of professionalism with strong (and clear) written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years of working with cloud based technologies such as AWS, Microsoft Azure or GCP.
- Python development experience
- Proven track record of researching and identifying optimum tools and methods for solving complex data problems
- Able to build strong relationships with stakeholders and senior leadership teams
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'