About the role:
The Data Engineering Team works within the Data Products department alongside the Data Science, Data Consultancy and Data Analytics teams. The role of this team is to collect and prepare data to be used by other teams in the department and to productionise analytics and machine learning workflows. This involves working across multiple datasets (of varying scale and complexity), multiple teams and businesses to build appropriately styled, data-driven solutions to a commercial-product level. This role focuses on collecting, parsing, managing and analysing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms. The Data Engineer will decide on the needed infrastructure and software design needs of the department and provide recommendations for building solutions. The Data Engineer should be able to develop prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected solutions.
- Integration Specification & Design
- Work with the business to understand data-integration requirements including functional, non-functional, quality of service and product-support requirements
- Author Product or Solution documentation/presentations to demonstrate capabilities both to a technical audience and non-technical data community
- Delivery of high quality data solutions which address business needs and fully satisfy detailed requirements, user stories and test cases - both functional and non-functional
- Work closely with teams across the Collinson Group to design and implement robust and scalable Data Solutions based on industry best practices
- Ensure that Support Documentation is of high-quality and published to an internal knowledge-hub for accessibility by the required support personnel. Participate in documentation review of colleagues to ensure sufficient quality to adequately support clients, users and all other stakeholders
- Take an active role in maintaining product quality; this potentially includes support activities of a corrective nature
- Be an active member of the Data Products team; contribute to team dynamics, ways of working and assisting with improvement opportunities
- Be an active member of internal Business Intelligence and Analytics communities to contribute to team dynamics, ways of working and assisting with improvement opportunities
- Provide regular and accurate reports of progress to Technical leads and the Project lead where required.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders with a view to providing high-value solutions within the business whilst keeping communication channels open at all times
- Maintain strong technical awareness and familiarity with new and upcoming technologies around Data Integration and Business Intelligence Analysis. Be prepared to give a presentation or provide mentoring of any new technology or skills acquired in a collegiate environment
- Stay abreast of the industry and participate in external communities in order to keep up to date and offer the most informed position when defining or consulting on solution design
Skills and Experience:
- Python, Pyspark, AWS and SQL
- Strong communication, interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Deep exposure to data heavy workflows
Desirable Technical Skills
- Data Engineering: PySpark, Python, bash, Hive, SQL (preferably postgres and SQL Server), building and maintaining APIs, building and maintaining data lakes
- AWS: EC2, RDS, EMR, DynamoDB, Kinesis, S3, CloudFormations, CloudWatch, Networking and Connectivity, API Gateway, Lambda
- Experience in BI development or data-integration roles
- Data modelling skills; Strong awareness of the appropriate application of de-normalisation, aggregation, warehousing and data lakes
- Experience building and deploying APIs
- Experience with AWS in development and production
- Experience maintaining production grade workflows
- Extraction, Transformation & Loading
- Database performance tuning and querying writing
- Experience of the full Software Development Lifecycle, utilising both Agile and Waterfall Project Delivery methods
- Some exposure to data science, machine learning or artificial intelligence
- Self-motivator with a desire to learn new skills and embrace new technologies in a constantly changing technology landscape
- Ability to thrive in a fast moving environment
- Ability to show initiative, innovation and work independently when required
- Ability to work at pace and tackle project challenges in a collegiate and collaborative.
Collinson Group is a global leader in shaping and influencing customer behaviours to drive revenue and value for clients. The group offers a unique blend of industry and sector specialists who together provide Market-leading experience in delivering products and services across four core capabilities: Loyalty, Lifestyle Benefits, Insurance and Assistance.
The group provides unrivalled insight and expertise around affluent consumers and frequent travellers, creating and delivering products and services that increase engagement, loyalty and value for customers.
We have more than 25 years’ experience, with 28 global locations, servicing over 800 clients in 170 countries, employing 1,500 staff, and managing over 20 million end customers. We have been bringing innovation to the market since inception - from launching the first independent global VIP lounge access Programme, Priority Pass™ to being the first to sell direct travel insurance in the UK through Columbus Direct and creating the first loyalty agency of its kind in the travel sector with ICLP.
Today we still invest heavily in innovation to ensure that we continue to deliver superior customer experiences.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job