Senior Data Engineer - ETL/Cloudera/Hortonworks - Leading Transp
Senior Data Engineer / Big Data / Big Data Developer / Big Data Engineer / ETL / Hortonworks / Cloudera / Hadoop / HDFS
My client, a leading firm within the transportation and tourism industry, have a fast-paced business culture that allows employees to exercise their get up and go.
Not only do they operate on a big scale, but are in fact one of the leading European firms in their industry. Following major and continued growth, they are on the lookout for a Permanent Senior Data Engineer to join their team in London.
From the job role you can expect:
- Help the business harness the power of data within easyJet, supporting them with insight and analytics.
- Support the Data Engineering Manager building of a big data engineering capability.
- Develop robust data pipelines to serve the easyJet analyst and data science community.
- Work in a fast paced agile scrum environment with a release within sprint mentality. Supporting the conducting of scrum ceremonies.
- Coach and mentor the team to improve development standards.
- Work with Technical architects to define patterns and standards for designs.
For this role the experience you will need:
- Understand data concepts
- An accomplished ETL developer who has proven experience of delivering complex big data solutions and a track record of working with structured and unstructured data
- Worked with a combination of cloud based Big data technologies (HDFS, Spark, Hive, Impala, Kudu, Python, Oozie, Flume, Kafka) and (OLTP and Data Warehousing) – within SrrencQL server or other RDBMS’s. (SQL server).
- Methodical, logical and flexible in approach, you will have gained significant experience as a Senior data engineer
- Linux experience
- Good aptitude in multi-threading and concurrency concepts
The role provides opportunity for exponential growth and learning opportunities, additionally with access to working in a European marketplace.
Benefits include pension contribution and up to 20% bonus on top of base salary.
Please note that this role will not be able to provide sponsorship, so you will need to have the right to work in the UK.
If this sounds of interest to you, please send your most up to date CV to or alternatively apply via this advert.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"