Data Consultant - London - £110 - £150K DOE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Data Consultant to join a global strategy, design and technology consulting company specializing in capital markets.
Job role of the Senior Data Consultant:
This role is responsible for understanding and solving the technical problems of each engagement, including identifying sources of relevant data, transforming and scrubbing to create data pipelines, doing feature engineering in collaboration with data scientists, and creating scalable solutions that can work in production.
The role will require a combination of strong technical skills and problem-solving capabilities, with an understanding of the underlying business concepts and meaning of the data. The Data Engineer is central to the success of every engagement, making sense of the data so that it can be analyzed and modeled to create insights.
Skills/attributes required for the Senior Data Consultant:
- Experience working in a hands-on capacity on data and analytics initiatives in the financial services industry
- Ability to quickly learn financial services concepts to successfully understand the meaning of data and analytics related to the business problem being addressed
- Strong software development experience with languages such as Python, R, Scala, including strong proficiency with data manipulation libraries like pandas
- Previous experience and clear proficiency on the command-line using tools like Bash and integrated scripting
- Previous experience using a variety of tools for data exploration, analysis, and presentation, including advanced use of Microsoft Excel
- Significant experience with relational databases and advanced use of SQL
- Sufficient mathematical and statistical literacy to work with business stakeholders, quantitative analysts, and data scientists
- Good interpersonal skills, with an ability to interact with teammates and clients to successfully understand and solve problems
- Effective communication skills, with an ability to clearly present ideas and data, including making use of visualization techniques
Desirable skills but not required:
- Experience using non-RDBMS technologies, e.g. graph databases, columnar stores, document databases, OLAP cubes, etc.
- Experience working in a variety of cloud and PaaS environments, e.g. Azure, AWS, Databricks, Domino
- Experience with a variety of big data frameworks, e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra
- Experience doing basic modeling and analytics using different frameworks, e.g. TensorFlow, scikit-learn, Keras, Torch
Please aply here with a short covering letter. We will acknowledge receipt of your application.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'