Banking - up to £75k plus banking bonus and benefits
As a highly established and trusted approved IT recruitment partner to this International banking group we have been asked to identify an established Data Architect to design, develop and enhance Data Warehouse Infrastructure and solutions. The workload will be spread across the banks OLAP / OLTP and BI solutions.
The Data Architect will sit in a BI and development team of 20 and be responsible for design, development, enhancements and integration of Data Warehouse, Data Marts, data modelling and business intelligence solutions while working with the full project team and technical SME's to gather requirements and create solutions that enhance the banks way of using data.
The person will need to have strong business skills as well as technical ones to influence and work with cross-functional teams. They will define data-gathering requirements, manage, investigate, resolve data quality issues, conduct data analysis, data mining and design and implement reporting solutions.
The solutions created will feed into the banks data hub which feeds into payment and banking systems and so some knowledge of financial services / banking systems is strongly desirable.
Core responsibilities include:
- Core Data architecture understanding
- Data Warehousing ( DWH ), Data Mart, Data Modelling
- OLAP / OLTP / ETL / BI solutions
- Data Solution Architecture - Design, development, enhancement, integration
- PL / SQL, Oracle, SQL Server technologies
- Relational Database design
- Data modelling tools - Erwin / ER studio
- Analysing the current business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Analysing industry, technology and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the strategy and data requirements
- Working across full project life cycle and project teams to gather requirements
- Banking / Financial Services
Basic salary - up to £68 - 75k
Benefits - annual banking bonus, plus flexible benefits package (inclusive of pension, health care and more)
Key skills: Data architect, data warehouse, data mart, data solutions, BI, OLAP, OLTP, ETL, Data modelling, Erwin, ER, PL/SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, SSIS, Informatica, quant, analytics, DWH, database design, banking / financial service, data integration, development, design, testing, requirements gathering, project life cycle, emerging technologies.
Thank you for reading this role specification. As an agency we donate £1 to charity each time we send a candidate CV to a recruiting client. Our nominated charity for 2015 is The Born Free Foundation. We have a close and trusted relationship with this very noble banking group.
- SQL Server
- data solutions
- data warehouse
- database design
- Data modelling
- Data architect
- data mart
- banking / financial service