The Principal Analyst (Data) - Business Analytics role is based within Commercial Banking (CMB) Business Analytics.
The purpose of the team is to provide customer data-led analysis and insight to support CMB's strategic objectives across Grow, Simply and Protect initiatives.
The primary purpose of the role is to deliver analytical projects which help CMB achieve its strategic objectives.
Applications from candidates with no SAS or SQL experience will not be considered.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysis to identify opportunities to acquire new customers that meet our revenue and risk appetite
- Initiatives to increase share of wallet for existing customers
- Support the launch of new products and services
- Conduct product pricing reviews
- Deliver actionable information to frontline staff to help them manage their customer portfolios
- Support Regulatory Compliance and redress programmes
- Identify and manage Financial Crime risk in the customer base
- Support Know Your Customer (KYC) remediation programmes
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Data-driven organisation with a large analytics team
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Financial services, business-to-business, or other data-driven organisations
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. Quantitative degree minimum 2:1 from a reputable university
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Previous analytics experience required
- Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. SAS, SQL, Excel, Qlikview, Access
- Availability to undertake the travel required for this role, i.e. The team is co-located in Birmingham and London. There may be occasional travel to other site e.g. once a quarter for team meetings.
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of CMB business, products & services is desirable but not essential
- Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. VBA is desirable but not essential
- A flexible and adaptable approach to change and will support others to respond in a similar way
- Consistently achieved objectives set for them and taken action to improve their own performance
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
- Worked collaboratively with other colleagues, supporting them when possible
- Experience of making prompt and practical business decision, even in times of ambiguity, considering various perspectives and taking responsibility for outcomes
- Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
- Supported project teams/managers, showing an understanding of the basic principles of project management
- The ability to understand and interpret straightforward financial data
- Experience of personally complying with business processes, rules and regulations
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will have:
- Strong Analytical Reasoning
- Well-developed analytical skills to extract information from data and translate to business language & financial impacts
- Ability to manage time effectively to ensure delivery of multiple projects.
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate analysis and recommendations to colleagues
- Strong Academics- High A-Level grades and 'A' grade in Maths. Minimum of 2:1 in a Quantitative Degree from a reputable university
- Experience of manipulating large data sets via SAS/SPSS/SQL programming
- Experience of applying analytical techniques to data to produce explanatory or predictive results
- Has relevant experience of working in an analytical role within commercial banking for a financial service organisation.
- Business Analytics
- Data Analysis
- Commercial Banking