Senior Data Analyst - Near Exeter - £27,000 to £33,000 - Ref: J2548
We have a new opportunity for a Senior Data Analyst to join a very successful and growing technology business just outside of Exeter. They are looking for an exceptional, innovative and highly motivated Senior Data Analyst to manage the large amount of complex data which has come as a result of their rapid growth.
The Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for leading the team in analysing data to support the delivery of projects and solutions, and identify issues and opportunities, which will ultimately improve the way they work and bring value to their customers. The role will involve implementing and managing data warehouse(s), create system driven presentations & present data in a clear and engaging way for colleagues, stakeholders and customers, so it can be used to inform strategic decision making. It will also involve managing / mentoring a Junior Data Analyst.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Build bespoke analytics and reports for business and customer needs
- Implement and manage data warehouse(s) with pipelines from multiple cloud-based sources
- Develop a customer reporting suite to provide insights into various activities.
- Quality Assurance checking reports completed by other members of the team
- Compiling and delivering on data requests received from clients
- Special/one-off reports, summarising data in a specified way as requested by the Company or client
- Manage the team effectively and conscientiously providing direction and developing skills and capability
- Continuous improvement of code in MySQL queries, Excel VBA and others as required
- Gather and manipulate data from a variety of sources, e.g. Excel, MySQL Databases, Salesforce
- Continuously seek ways to automate reports and opportunities to improve report presentation, including new metrics, in order to communicate insight in a clear, eye-catching manner
Skills knowledge and Experience required:
- Previous experience in a similar role analysing data and conducting data analytics using structured data is essential
- Experience in data warehousing, data management and ETL (Ideally using a platform such as Redshift or equivalent) is essential
- Hands on technical knowledge of Excel VBA Python and PowerPoint
Nice to have non-essential skills knowledge and experience:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline such as Maths or Computer Science
- Experience of leading, managing of mentoring other Data Analysts
- Experience of MySQL / SQL scripts and databases
Interested applicants should contact Michael Johnson of Venables Parsons Search & Selection (VPss).
- Data Analysis
- Data Management
- Data Warehousing
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'