Imperial Tobacco UK (ITUK) is the tobacco market leader in the UK, manufacturing and distributing a wide ranging portfolio of tobacco brands including factory made cigarettes, fine cut tobacco and other tobacco products; as well as distributing an increasing portfolio of leading Next Generation Products in the vaping sector. ITUK is part of Imperial Brands PLC, a FTSE 100 business headquartered in Bristol with a global footprint spanning more than 160 countries, which specialises in the manufacture of tobacco and non-tobacco products.
Reporting to the Intelligence Manager, the primary focus of the Senior Data Analyst is to support the cluster in delivering its objectives, be that growing market share, improving our efficiency (B2C sales, B2B sales) or optimising revenue.
- Interrogate internal databased to gather data on (e.g. using SQL), identify and collect other third party data sources and establish new data feeds where required
- Collaborate with the performance reporting team to identify problems, patterns and trends (e.g. pattern recognition, exception reporting, statistical models)
- Collaborate with the Insight Analysts in diagnosing and analysing problems or opportunities (data mining, predictive statistical models)
- Conducting analysis of our B2B and B2C CRM data, increasing efficiency of our activities. Make recommendations for marketing and sales activity tailored to relevant consumer segments and aimed at increasing sales, reducing churn, increasing lifetime value etc.
- Analyse data (e.g. sales, customer behaviour) to identify the key drivers behind any changes or patterns, create robust statistical models based on these analyses and use these statistical models to predict the impact of recommended actions and initiatives
- Generating actionable insights that will be used by the Sales and Marketing Operations teams to improve and optimise our performance against our objectives. Make informed recommendations for future use of initiatives / activities by target segment and outcome required / budget available
Skills & experience
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst (Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy)
- Technical expertise regarding data models, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages and databases (SQL etc)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (SPSS, SAS, r Studio/r etc)
- BSc in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics OR
- Able to demonstrate skills detailed above through experience
What we offer
Imperial Tobacco offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
Interested applicants should apply with a letter of application highlighting their suitability for the role and current CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'