Senior Data Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Analyst to join our team based in Leeds. The main purpose of this role is to provide data and application support for existing and future systems, initiatives, acquisitions and upgrades and to maintain data integrity, governance and security for existing and future systems. Based at our convenient south Leeds office the post offers a salary of £30-35000pa, 25 days holiday and pension.
The main responsibilities of the Senior Data Analyst will be to:
- Serve as an escalation point for data and application related support requests
- To participate in the maintenance of all Database Systems
- Work closely with the Project Management Team to provide support on new application deployments
- Conduct Quality Assurance checks on application deployments and fix bundles
- Coordinate and perform mass data changes by developing queries to solve data related discrepancies and assist the business to perform mass change quickly using SQL
- Assist in the data implementation from acquisitions
- Work directly with individuals from all different levels of the organisation to determine requirements, analyse existing processes and generate creative and accurate solutions.
- Provide documentation to the user community to support established service level agreements and system usage.
- To use Business Intelligence tools to produce Management Information based on in house systems.
- To produce reports and data extracts using SQL, SSRS and MS Excel
- Attend and contribute to weekly team meetings to review outstanding issues, support trends, and upcoming projects.
- Recognise trends in user requests that may become opportunities to improving process through automation.
Document and maintain all necessary procedures
The Ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- The use of MS software as tools to analyse and manipulate data
- The use of SSRS to build customer reports
- The use of SSIS for task automation
- Working knowledge of SQL to carry out mass data changes, develop queries to solve data discrepancies and create data extracts
- The ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organised and diplomatic manner; listen to others and respond effectively to ideas and questions
We are looking for someone who will:
- Build productive customer relationships and take responsibility for customer satisfaction
- Be able to manage their own time, workload and activities
- Prioritise their workload effectively based upon business need
- Predict the outcome of activity and create more than one contingency
- Use root cause analysis to prevent the re-occurrence of problems
- Encourage the contributions of others to help achieve key business goals
- Follow rules, guidelines and procedure in a persistent way
If you have two years’ experience as a Data Analyst or are currently working as a Senior Data Analyst and are looking for a great new challenge - then get in touch.
- Data Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job