The Customer Data Management team is a central function sitting within Finance but serving Marketing and CRM as the primary internal customer. Data management is being widely acknowledged with TUI as an essential capability and so this is such an exciting time to be joining us. We are investing heavily in technology to ensure that all areas of the business can access information about our customers, which means that customer data will be driving core strategy decisions.
The Senior Data Governance Analyst will help define the customer data strategy to ensure that our customer master data is fit for purpose; maintain data quality in line with KPI targets, ensure customer data is secure and processes meet legal guidelines.
What you will be doing
- Work with the Customer Data Manager to define our customer data governance strategy and be instrumental in its roll out to the business.
- Responsible for the creation and updating of data governance and quality policies and standards.
- Responsible for defining and reporting data governance and quality metrics.
- Ensure that data management business process are being followed and continuously improved.
- Responsible for defining customer data quality and merging rules to maintain the customer golden records. Analyse and profile data to continuously improve these rules.
- Manage data stewardship console to process customer data quality and merging results flagged for manual review.
- Responsible for determining root-cause for data quality issues and driving resolution (including changes to business rules, processes and systems) to resolve the issues and meet data quality goals.
- Liaising with Information Security, Legal and other stakeholders to ensure that data security and compliance guidelines are known and followed.
- Support the interests of Customer Data Management in cross-functional data governance forums.
- Champion the importance of data governance across the business and support the education of colleagues that will be impacted by data governance processes and standards.
- Communicate progress against the data governance delivery plan on a regular basis to include updates on any risks, actions, issues and decisions concerning our customer data.
What we are looking for
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Experience writing SQL queries (in T-SQL & PL/SQL)
- Able to interpret the impact of the business rules or any other change on business
- Ability to work across business functions, and working within cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills (both written & oral) with ability to communicate with both business and technical stakeholders internally and externally
- Ability to present analysis to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance and data security principles
- Experience working with customer master and operational data would be beneficial
- Experience working with CRM or analytics functions would be beneficial
- Experience with Talend or another MDM platform would be beneficial
Working within TUI group
Help make our customers smile and in return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, pension scheme and some fantastic additional benefits including holiday, flight and foreign exchange discounts, a childcare voucher scheme and lots of additional discounts and offers*
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including Thomson and First Choice. We employ a team of 13,300 employees and serve over 5.2 million customers each year.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business operating in around 180 countries worldwide with over 1,800 travel agencies across Europe, six airlines operating more than 130 aircraft, more than 300 Group-owned hotels and resorts and twelve cruise ships. Our 77,000 colleagues, all with a passion for holidays, work hard to deliver our customer promise ”Discover your smile”
Please visit our website for more information.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please log on to where you will be required to log-in, provide personal details and complete an online application form.
Should your application be progressed further you will be contacted to arrange an interview. If you have any queries please like, follow or visit any of our recruitment social sites or contact
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job