The following job is no longer available:
Senior Customs Manager Europe
Senior Customs Manager Europe
This particular business recognises this and so is looking to recruit an experienced Customs professional to take over their post-Brexit import/export operations both here in the UK and in Europe. In truth, it’s your opportunity to join an established, successful global manufacturer in a high-profile role that simply has to deliver. All eyes will be on you. No pressure then!
What's on offer?
- Base salary of circa £60-75k
- Car allowance of £4,800 pa
- Bonus of up to 10% of base salary
- Contributory Pension
- Private Medical Cover
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- Flexible working – 2 days per week from home
What will you be doing?
Leading a team of 2, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of both inbound and outbound European Trade and Customs compliance, supporting and advising a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external, including HMRC and 3rd party logistics, freight and service providers. This is a hands-on role where you will not only have to create/adapt processes and policies but also ensure they are implemented, reviewed, improved and adhered to across all UK and EU sites. The organisation has operations in multiple European countries as well as in the US, China and a number of other non-EU countries, so you will be dealing with a wide variety of cultures and ways of working, and it’s going to be down to you to ensure that everything is linking together perfectly from a customs perspective.
Who will you be doing this for?
This business is a muli-billion £ turnover international manufacturing orgnaisation that offer both personal/professional development as well as long term career progression opportunities.
What will you need to bring to the table?
To be successful in this role it is expected that you will be able to demonstrate the majority of following skills and experience:
- Thorough working knowledge and experience of customs regulations
- A deep understanding of HMRC regulations, processes, procedures and policies
- Significant experience of liaising with HMRC on VAT, Tax, Customs Compliance and Auditing Issues
- Diverse understanding of European and UK trade and customs compliance is essential particularly regarding classifications, valuation and origin
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and communication skills required
- Strong leadership skills but also willing to be hands on and get things done when needed
- Capable of processing high volumes of transactions
- In-depth knowledge of incoterms
- Knowledge of international regulations
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt depending on your audience
- Willingness to travel when required (and when safe to do so) both in the UK and EU up to 30% of the time.
If you can demonstrate the above skills and experience and are looking for your next career challenge in a high-profile role that gives you a real chance to shine, get in touch to explore further or apply with your CV, LinkedIn profile, or whatever you have for immediate consideration - every application is reviewed by a human and everyone will get a response, it's the least you deserve.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'