Senior Customer Service and Support Engineer - Aylesbury - £40-45,000
Selective Recruitment is seeking a professional, self-motivated individual with proven Senior Customer Service and Support Engineering experience to join our client, Dage Precision Industries Ltd, based in Aylesbury for the position of Senior Customer Service and Support Engineer. You will be responsible for providing technical support for customers (both internal and external).
Job role: Senior Customer Service and Support Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 (depending on experience)
Holiday: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Benefits: Pension scheme and Healthcare
• Responsible for providing technical support for customers (both internal and external).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Handling all technical enquiries, problem diagnostics, communication and feedback to concerned parties.
• Provide out of hours support via the telephone in accordance with the on-call rota.
• Liaison and co-working with interfacing departments to resolve any issues that may affect the performance of Dage products and to ensure that corrective/preventative measures are taken to prevent issue re-occurrence.
• Liaison and co-working with interfacing departments to ensure the supply of parts for repair and replacement (both warranty and charge).
• Ensure all actions taken to address customer dissatisfaction and/or adverse comments are effective and satisfactory.
• Maintain the "Customer Complaint Log" and ensure that the customers/agents/subsidiaries are using the system in accordance with the specified requirements of the Management System.
• Generate and distribute "technical informers" where appropriate.
• Perform demonstrations where necessary.
• Support sample evaluation (applications testing) as required and to generate customer reports and recommendations as required.
• Conduct visits (as required) to provide support at customer sites for installations, training, fault diagnosis and service provision.
• Take ownership and proactively manage technical issues to completion such that they are resolved prior to escalation.
• Ability to manage / lead customer support projects. Achieve targets on time and on budget.
• Proactively manage customer expectations to closure, taking into account commercial and technical perspective.
• Effectively follow escalation processes.
• Deputise for UK Customer Service and Support Team Leader as and when required.
• Mentor other members of the department as and when required.
• Strong knowledge of Dage products, ideally a recognised expert on one or more of the Dage products.
• Support Training Dept.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
• HNC/HND in Mechanical/Electrical engineering or equivalent.
• Good understanding of diagnostic techniques for both electrical, mechanical and software disciplines.
• Proven experience in a customer service role within a capital equipment environment and experience of supporting a predominantly overseas install base.
• Customer focused, technical orientated engineer with experience of working within a fast-moving technical service environment.
• Degree qualified in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• Experience of force measurement technologies.
• Proven experience in a customer service role and extensive experience of supporting SE Asia install base.
• International experience/exposure
PREFERED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Customer focused.
• Electro/mechanical focus.
• PC skills.
• Ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
• Ability to act on own initiative, dealing with unexpected problems that arise.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Proactive and the ability to make decisions.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Lean experience.
• Additional language.
Office or Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular travel to suppliers and other Dage sites both in the UK and overseas.
If you are interested and believe you have suitable skills and experience to be considered for this position then please apply by the closing date of 5th March 2018.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Capital Equipment
- Customer Service
- Customer Support
- Technical Support