Senior Customer Relations Officer
£21.06 per hour Umbrella PAYE
Project to review the handling of Social Care complaints under the Statutory complaints process for Children's and Adults Social Care complaints to include:
• Review and progress current open complaints
• Develop new processes to comply with the Statutory complaints policy and timescales
• Document the processes
• Implement the processes with the Customer Relations team
• Develop guidance and training module
• Develop MI reporting
• To report to Customer Relations and Improvement Manager
Candidate required MUST be someone who has the expertise of the Statutory Social Care complaints Policy and it is envisaged it would be about a 8 week project. They would need to have worked closely with the complaints procedure.Employee Specification
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of managing staff in a similar environment
- Experience of managing priorities, meeting deadlines and working in a highly pressurised and high volume organisation.
- Experience of developing and implementing successful customer care policies and standards.
- Knowledge of best practice in handling adult and children services complaints, requests for information, data protection requests, customer feedback and the principles of good customer care and an understanding of how to implement them within an organisation.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven ability to manage people and to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively using a range of methods to senior colleagues, Members and members of the public.
- Strong customer focus and customer satisfaction skills.
- Proven ability to establish credibility and effective relationships at all levels within the council.
- Ability to handle and resolve difficult and confrontational situations with members of the public and guide other staff on how best to handle such situations.
- Ability to provide feedback and appropriate reports on customer trends and other relevant matters to the councils senior managers, councillors and staff.
- Able to disseminate best practice throughout the council on all matters relating to adult and children services customer satisfaction and the handling of complaints, FOI, data protection, Members Enquiries and enquiries from MPs.
- Ability to provide advice on adult and children services customer enquiries.
- Ability to deliver training sessions to managers, councillors and staff on issues connected with customer care, complaints, FOIs, MP and Member Enquiries.
PERSONAL STYLE AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Champion within the council for the provision of high levels of customer care.
- Able to build and maintain the trust of internal and external customers, partners and local authority peers.
- Motivated, committed and focused with the drive to define clear service standards and inspire people to achieve them.
- Manages relationships with colleagues, motivates others to deliver a customer- focused approach and allows staff to develop their full potential.
- Applies effective performance management and does not accept sub-standard outcomes.
Please note Brampton Group can only offer an Umbrella Rate for this position
- Customer Satisfaction
- Local Authority
- Social Care