PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- To work in the Customer Relations Team ensuring the provision of excellent customer services, effective and efficient complaints resolution and advice with regard to complaints, freedom of information requests, data protection requests, Member Enquiries and MP enquiries. To lead on the statutory complaints process for adults and children services.
- To provide advice, support, training, advice and guidance to Members of the Council, managers and officers in the effective handling of adults and children services customer feedback, promoting its value in informing policy and service improvement.
- Provide feedback and appropriate reports on adult and children services customer trends and other relevant matters to the Corporate Leadership Team, Members, Directors and services.
- To disseminate best practice throughout the council on all matters relating to adult and children services customer care and the handling of complaints, FOIs, data protection, Member Enquiries and MP Enquiries.
- To work with the Customer Relations and Improvement Manager and Senior Customer Relations Officer to ensure the effective delivery of all complaints, freedom of information requests, data protection requests, Member Enquiries and MP enquiries across the entire team, ensuring a balanced workload for all staff.
- Work effectively as part of the Customer Services Management Team, delivering corporate objectives through the work of the Directorate.
- Demonstrate and ensure high standards and probity with Council policy, standing orders and the law.
- Form robust and effective working relationships with all stakeholders across the council and in partner organisations.
- Work corporately and in line with over council objectives to enable the breaking down of departmental barriers and the delivery of the council’s improvement agenda.
- To support organisational change ensuring the appropriate systems of performance and development, communications, equality impact assessment, monitoring and review are in place.
- To oppose and where possible eradicate all forms of discrimination, making a positive contribution to managing diversity, both as an employer and service provider.
- To promote the image of Hounslow and represent the council at external conferences, seminars, public meetings/forums and working parties as maybe required.
- To participate in the council’s emergency planning and responses to emergency situations when required to do so.
- To assist in the conduct of elections when required to do so.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of managing staff in a similar environment
- Experience of managing priorities, meeting deadlines and working in a highly pressurised and high volume organisation.
- Experience of developing and implementing successful customer care policies and standards.
- Knowledge of best practice in handling adult and children services complaints, requests for information, data protection requests, customer feedback and the principles of good customer care and an understanding of how to implement them within an organisation.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven ability to manage people and to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively using a range of methods to senior colleagues, Members and members of the public.
- Strong customer focus and customer satisfaction skills.
- Proven ability to establish credibility and effective relationships at all levels within the council.
- Ability to handle and resolve difficult and confrontational situations with members of the public and guide other staff on how best to handle such situations.
- Ability to provide feedback and appropriate reports on customer trends and other relevant matters to the councils senior managers, councillors and staff.
- Able to disseminate best practice throughout the council on all matters relating to adult and children services customer satisfaction and the handling of complaints, FOI, data protection, Members Enquiries and enquiries from MPs.
- Ability to provide advice on adult and children services customer enquiries.
- Ability to deliver training sessions to managers, councillors and staff on issues connected with customer care, complaints, FOIs, MP and Member Enquiries.