MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). MyBuilder operates throughout the UK and our head office is located in Clerkenwell, Central London. Our office reflects our unique culture: we have an office bar, a staff band and colleagues who cook each other lunch.
We're looking for customer service professionals to join our Consumer Support Team. This is a full-time position, based at our office in Clerkenwell, EC1.
As one of our senior customer service advisors, you'll spend your time helping homeowners get the most from their experience of using MyBuilder.
Home improvement projects are complicated and things don't always go according to plan. If a relationship turns sour, homeowners come to us for guidance. There are often two sides to a story so we have to remain impartial and fair. Where possible, we try to patch things up. Otherwise, we provide high-quality advice so the customer can act for themselves. Occasionally, we may be called on to help Government organisations with their investigations.
It's not all heavy lifting. A big part of your day-to-day role will involve helping homeowners use MyBuilder, so you will have plenty of opportunities to go above and beyond, giving our users a memorable service experience.
Who we're looking for
This is a senior customer service position. While you don't need specific qualifications for this role, you should have a track record of handling complex customer disputes and complaints. We're especially interested in meeting people with these qualities and skills:
- A natural desire to help others and bags of empathy. The ability to build rapport easily and relate to people from all walks of life.
- Balanced and easy going - navigating emotionally charged disputes between tradesmen and job posters can be quite challenging.
- Calm under pressure. Comfortable dealing with an angry tradesman or upset homeowner, and able to give clear advice to people in difficult situations.
- Fair, yet also able to make tough decisions where necessary.
- Outstanding communication skills. You enjoy talking to people, take pride in writing a great email and know how to adapt your tone to suit each enquiry.
- Good analysis and investigation skills.
- Previous consumer affairs experience would be beneficial.
- Comfortable with technology. Able to quickly learn new applications and processes.
Why you'll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located in Clerkenwell. You’ll enjoy excellent coffee, great food and lively banter. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We'll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fresh food & exotic drinks
- Foosball, darts, skateboards & guitars
How to apply
If this sounds like your next challenge, write to us. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job