Senior Customer Advisor - Go-To Banking
Working pattern: 35 hours per week, covering various shifts between Monday to Saturday
Salary starting from £22,030 per annum plus Excellent Benefits
As a Barclays Senior Customer Advisor, you will have the opportunity to progress your career by coaching and mentoring team members, whilst working closely with the management team and getting involved in the branch planning process.
Our customers want to talk to Advisors who genuinely understand their lives and finances. That's why our kind of people are people like our customers. People like you, who want to help others move forward in their lives.
If you have natural empathy and a genuinely helpful personality, this could be the perfect job for you - whether you already have banking experience or if you're new to our sector.
Everything we do at Barclays starts and ends with helping people move forward in their lives. From helping them move forward in the digital age through Digital Eagles, to getting them started in their first home with one of our mortgages. Whatever the future holds, we want to be there for our customers every step of the way. In a constantly changing, more complex and closely connected world, we're working together to help our customers tackle the challenges of today and prepare for the future. We believe in listening to and really understanding our customers so that we can give them the best possible help.
If you're looking for a career full of excitement, challenge, purpose and opportunity, we should be your first choice.
As a Senior Customer Advisor, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Making self-initiated contact with customers, deepening relationships by keeping in regular contact to help anticipate and plan for their needs, maintaining an extensive knowledge of our specialist areas
* Providing effective banking hall management, orchestrating the team and supporting colleagues to work collaboratively and be empowered to consistently deliver high standards of customer service
* Demonstrating role model behaviours, taking a proactive role in coaching and mentoring colleagues across the branch and wider team
* Collaborating with specialist colleagues to ensure a smooth end-to-end customer journey, breaking down barriers across segments in order to keep the customer at the heart of what we do
* Supporting the branch leadership team to achieve the branch business plan by developing our external market and community profile
* Being commercially aware by keeping up to date on trends in the economy, the local market and social media to utilise this knowledge to educate customers
As a Senior Customer Advisor, your skills and qualifications will include:
* Proven customer service/client relationship experience, preferably within financial services however this is not mandatory
* Experience of effectively coaching or mentoring colleagues
* The ability to work calmly and constructively under pressure, and an understanding of the importance of meeting and exceeding client expectations
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong level of computer literacy and proficient keyboard skills
* Confidence in your ability to talk to clients in detail on our products, services and channels
* A commitment to provide a world-class service and drive our dedication to the client experience
When you start, you will be taken through the London Institute of Banking & Finance (LiBF) endorsed induction training programme allowing you to be fully prepared for your new role as a Senior Customer Service Advisor at Barclays
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation. Is this the statement provided by our diversity team?
We will consider applications from job share applicants
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.