Senior Credit Underwriter - Asset Finance
To £63,000 plus fantastic bonus and benefits
Our client is the asset finance subsidiary of a niche banking group and specialises in the provision of asset finance and leading facilities for the truck, trailer, bus, coach and specialist vehicles sectors.
Due to continued growth they are looking to recruit a Senior Credit Underwriter to underwrite new business applications and deliver timely credit decisions within guidelines and in accordance with Credit policy.
The successful candidate will;
- Provide commercially balanced recommendations to colleagues where new business applications are above the Senior Underwriter’s credit mandate
- Ensure annual reviews are completed on time
- Prepare credit papers for submission to the Credit Committee
- Assist the Senior Credit Managers by supporting the credit team through coaching, mentoring and the development of staff
- Support the development and delivery of new business initiatives though identification, assessment and mitigation of credit risks
- Encourage an open culture with regular two-way communication
- Provide guidance to the credit team and the wider business on SME Lending credit policy and appetite
- Drive continuous improvement activity challenging processes and procedures to deliver optimal efficiency and effectiveness
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
- Ensure that online training and regulatory reading is completed on time
- Support and assist the Senior Credit Managers and the Head of Credit Risk as and when required
The successful candidate will have a proven track record underwriting transactions in a vendor / direct asset finance lending environment and have held a personal lending mandate.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic company during a sustained period of growth.
In the first instance please send your CV in confidence to Lucy Davies
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'