Are you an experienced Credit Risk Specialist looking for a new role or new challenge? Or are you looking to become more senior in your field and to step up in your career? We have this exact opportunity. We are working with a highly successful life and pension's consolidator who are looking for a Senior Credit Risk Specialist in London.
My client specialises in pensions, insurance and investments and is a highly respected name in this market. They have the aim to be the UK's leading provider in what they do; buying and administering closed books of business from other companies.
My client is looking for a Senior Credit Risk Specialist who will play a leading role in the identification, measurement, monitoring, management, controlling and reporting of credit risk for the company.
- Deliver independent, timely, balanced, accessible information and advice on credit rating issues that can be presented to the company boards, including content for own risk and solvency assessment (ORSA)
- Monitor and challenge the ongoing appropriateness of manager credit ratings assigned to manager rated investments, including private debt
- Provide risk input and challenge around material new counter-party exposures and credit ratings, including corporate transactions and reinsurance arrangements
- Maintain documentation of the risk control framework with regard to credit ratings consistent with group risk management standards
To be successful you will need
- Excellent understanding of credit risk management and mitigation techniques
- Good understanding of credit rating frameworks used by ECAIs
- Sound knowledge of Solvency II framework
- Strong fundamental and technical skills to assess credit risk within illiquid asset classes
- Candidate will have a solid academic track record, experience in the assessment of credit risk within either a commercial/investment bank or re-insurance company and well-developed PC/Internet literacy
- Core credit assessment training and experience in assessing and evaluating corporate, or ideally project, creditworthiness, including of downside scenarios, structural or business mitigations
- Experience in looking at private debt transactions, with their complex capital structures, knowledge of and rationale behind key loan security terms, covenant setting and scenario testing
If successful, you will benefit from
- Excellent company benefits, including bonus schemes, 27 days holiday, overtime pay and financial support towards industry qualifications
- Opportunities for career development
- A salary of up to £100,000
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
- Financial Services
- Senior Credit Risk Specialist