Our client is an established and dynamic retail bank looking for an engaged and motivated Modelling Expert to join the business. This is a fantastic opportunity to broaden their experience and take their career to the next step. In adittion to a great salary they will receive car allowance, excelllent pensions, fantastic discounts on banking products, and flexible working.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Model Validation - validating new and revised models as well as undertaking periodic validations of suites of models in differing areas of modelling such as Credit Risk, Operationtional and others
- Ensuriing compliance with industry and regulatory standards and methodologies
- Leading expert-level challenge during model developments and changes, articulating model build and compliance issues to business colleagues and to senior management
- Raising appropriate actions to bring about model improvement or remediation, and managing these actions to completion and correct governance.
- Technical skill in data manipulation and extraction, quantitative model challenge, assessment and comparison - Ability to extract appropriate data and relevant actionable analysis from a variety of sources.
- Providing overview of the bank's model risk and performance within a business context
- Building relationships with stakeholders
- A proven track record of excellent statistical model building or validation (minimum 5 years experience)
- Highly analytical with a good degree in a numerate discipline subject (e.g. maths, statistics, economics etc).
- Excellent data mining or statistical modelling skills within a business environment
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and SAS
- Excellent data presentation and report writing skills, ideally for a Model Risk Committee or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of Credit Risk Modelling (including PD, EAD and LGD models). Or a good knowledge of Banking Book Pricing models, or of Operational Risk models, or of Banking Book Stress Testing models
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.