QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
We are looking for Senior Credit Controller to join our team, this is your chance to create your career in an exciting environment where anything is possible. Are you ready to grow your career with us? As a Credit Controller for QBE you will ensure prompt collection and reconciliation of premiums, minimisation of bad debts and maximisation of cash flow. Provide experience and support to the Management team by ensuring daily and monthly targets are met with problems identified and overcome.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Review and reconcile credit control reports and broker / customer statements to collect funds and achieve effective Credit Control.
- Take ownership of the ledger and ensure that all avenues are explored to collect any outstanding debt.
- Chase any unsettled debt by email and phone on a regular and systematic basis to reduce overdue debt
- Monitor, process and allocate all cash receipts within agreed timelines.
- Input and monitor data to ensure database information is current and accurate.
- Track potential and future bad debtors and cash collection issues to ensure that each entity maximises any recovery
- Control and investigate aged debt to ensure this is kept to a minimum
- Assist in optimising processes to ensure effective and efficient transaction processing.
- Identification, Reconciliation and clearance of unallocated cash amounts.
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Credit Control experience in the London Market preferable
- An understanding of Facilities (Binding Authorities / Lineslips / Bordereaux) an advantage • Excellent command of MS Office applications
- A high level of numeracy and literacy
- Strong organisational and analytical skill with an ability to prioritise
- Be able to adjust to change.
- Good communication skills
- General understanding and knowledge of commercial insurance
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
- Credit Control
- General Insurance
- Management Skills
- Cash Collection
- London Market