Senior Cost Estimator
Senior Cost Estimator
We are recruiting for a Senior Cost Estimator/Team Leader for our Banbury based client.
As a Senior Cost Estimator you will need to have/be:
- Experience working within manufacturing in a cost estimator, cost analyst role, ideally in the automotive sector.
- a good understanding of absorption and activity-based costing
- Good Commercial background with experience of dealing with OEM's
- Problem identification and resolution skills
- Intermediate or advanced user of Excel and Power point required
- work using their own initiative, and be able to liaise with other functions and departments at all levels within the company. Managing People and processes and budgets within area of responsibility.
- Ability to interpret product concept sheets and complex BOM's
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Hours: 36 hours per week, Monday - Friday
- Location: Banbury
- Duration: Permanent
Role of Senior Cost Estimator:
- To support the Commercial Manager UK in the costing and quoting activities for the division and be the team leader for the department.
- Working with the customer account managers to support the quoting and costing activities for new and existing programs.
- To be able to assess manufacturing processes and understand and be able to define the cost drivers.
- Analysis of all customer RFQ's to ensure all required information is available to put together a quotation pack for a new product or a change to an existing product
- To assist in driving the production of appropriate data to ensure that all enquiries are managed efficiently and within agreed timescales
- Liaise closely with all Operational Departments and Purchasing to obtain the correct input data required for all quotation packs
- To be able to complete the companies costing model to develop business cases to be presented and approved through the quote approval process.
- Capture of any Capital required to introduce new or changes to existing products for compilation of a Quote Capital Submission
- To provide support to the customer account managers on commercial issues
- Be the team leader for the department, and the Commercial Manger UK's deputy, for the division
- To provide and support all reporting activities required for the commercial department.
- Track and record the data for measuring departmental KOI's
- Support in VE/VA activities
- To prepare and help resolve commercial claims/debts for the division.
- Conduct and lead meetings with various cross-functional team members to support the quoting process and existing programs.
Benefits of working as a Senior Cost Estimator:
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme
- Share participation Scheme
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'