We are recruiting for a Senior Corporate Commercial Lawyer for our clients firm in Chester.
Purpose of role
Responsible for the development, growth and performance of the Corporate Commercial Department. High calibre lawyer demonstrating leadership the ability to build and drive a profitable, structured department demonstrating a 'can do, will do' attitude. An expert in their field, providing a high level quality service. Managing client expectations, meeting demands, confident in building new relationships and work streams across the business. Regularly exceeds expectations and business performance targets.
- Creates and motivates a high performing work ethic exceeding financial targets in a collaborative positive culture.
- Adheres to compliance and risk management frameworks ensuring all requirements are proactively managed and the business is protected.
- Complies with internal and external regulatory requirements including but not limited to AML Guidance, Data Protection, Law Society Protocol and Conveyancing Quality Scheme, SRA Outcomes and Accounts procedures, Client Care, published KPIs and SLAs.
- Builds and demonstrates a high quality reputation and workload to compliment the business profile.
- Proactively seeks and obtains new high network streams for their area and the business generally.
- Is a recognised leader and mentor to members of the team and the business. Is well respected in the workplace and the industry for being an expert, credible and high performer.
- Understands risks facing the department and business. Creates and owns the department risk matrix, regularly reviews and provides mitigation to protect the business.
This Role would suit someone who;
- Is highly motivated, dynamic and results focused team player.
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and conflicting priorities.
- Fosters a collaborative environment and positive culture.
- Able to be flexible in a fast paced, changing environment, motivate and bring the business with them.
- Is competitive and drives new business wins forward with professionalism and gravitas.
- An excellent communicator who is prepared to strategically challenge others effectively
Key Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Clear and professional approach to handling difficult situations. Ability to answer complex questions in straightforward terms.
- Highly motivated and energetic with the ability to cascade to the team and wider business. Is a recognised key team player, advocate and winner.
- Able to demonstrate the legal and technical knowledge of all areas of Corporate Commercial law and practice, including transactional and non-transactional. Acts as a mentor effectively cascading information to the Department.
- Proven experience as a high performing successful corporate lawyer. Has broad experience of Corporate work with a minimum of 5 years PQE.
- Has drive and determination to succeed underpinned by financial acumen and exceeds revenue expectations.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the changing legal environment and the impact to the business. Creates new innovative concepts to ensure competitive advantage, increased efficiency savings and risk mitigation.
- Analytical strategic thinker with an ability to utilise Management Information (MI) effectively. Identifies and removes obstacles with clear planning and delivery in a timely manner.
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd ()are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job