Senior Conveyancing Paralegal
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Conveyancing Paralegal to join an established, reputable law firm based in Chesterfield.
With a growing and valued client base, our client aims to recruit an additional Conveyancing paralegal as part of their continuing expansion.
Duties to include:
- Assisting a solicitor with caseloads of residential sales from instruction by the client to completion with potential for assisting in the purchase and refinance transactions.
- Updating solicitors and/or partners in the team on the progression of all matters on a regular basis;
- Drafting and amending relevant documents, i.e. Contracts, Transfer Deeds;
- Undertaking various searches for each property and check the results of the searches for any adverse information;
- Completing all relevant checklists
- Ensuring that requisite documents are signed on completion, i.e. legal charge, declaration of mortgagee(s), transfer deeds;
- Attending to post completion formalities, undertaking all registrations and dealing with any issues raised as a result;
- Opening and closing files on Case Manager and ensuring that the paper file is also opened or closed;
- Anti-Money Laundering checks to include checking on the firm's database if already a current client or if new client requesting the relevant identification by sending a letter or telephone call asking for the information;
- Chasing up clients, lenders and other solicitors to ensure the progression of each matter and that deadlines are met by using the electronic diary;
- Preparing bills and completion statements, using the client ledgers on the Case Management System.
- General administration, i.e. photocopying and filing;
The skills required to undertake the above job description are as follows:-
- Minimum relevant experience in Residential Conveyancing
- Legal background, with a knowledge of the conveyancing process of sales and purchases transactions;
- Good IT skills, ie as Word and Outlook;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good telephone manner;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Ability to plan and prioritise work;
- Ability to work in a planned and organised way, but has the ability to multitask
- Professional approach
- A knowledge of legal Case Management systems.
If this role interests you and you would like further information, please contact Katie Hunt on or apply online today.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'