SENIOR CONTROL & AUTOMATION EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
"Real time, Safety Critical Equipment and Process Control Management Solutions/Applications"
C£40-50000 + Excellent Benefits
Commutable from Worcester, Cheltenham, Bredon, Tewkesbury, Ashchurch, Gloucester, Malvern, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Pershore, Stratford on Avon, Evesham, Ledbury, Bromyard, Martley, Leigh Sinton, Powick, Stourport on Severn, Hereford, Warwick, Shirley, Stourbridge, Hagley, Hartlebury, Kidderminster
Our client is a specialist division of a global market leader. It designs, manufactures and supports equipment supplied to customers around the world within the mining, metals and extractive industries. In addition, our client is a supplier of data-driven process management solutions which provide real-time operational control.
This is an ideal opportunity for a talented embedded software engineer to acquire and also build upon skills and experience working with low level software/hardware, low level SIL compliant software and applications software.
Key responsibilities will be the design, implementation, testing and deployment of embedded control software and associated PC programs using C, C# and C++.
Our client’s products are safety-critical, and you should have a good understanding of the use of C and C++ subsets such as MISRA, and be aware of the benefits of static analysis tools.
This is a varied role encompassing systems development, systems deployment in harsh, safety critical environments, software specification, software design, software validation and software development.
The skill set and technology areas that our client’s engineers are involved includes:
- Real-time embedded software
- Low level Device drivers
- SQL Databases
- Virtual Machines
- 3D Visualisation
- Data Archiving
The control and automation department utilises an Agile development methodology, with tasks assigned for completion within 4-week sprints. There are numerous exciting new developments in the pipeline where the successful candidate will be able to gain significant experience and make a major impact.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Educated to HNC/HND or Degree level in within a science, technology, robotics or manufacturing related subject. Our client also offers the opportunity for further professional study and development.
- A very good understanding of the use of C and C++ subsets such as MISRA, and be aware of the benefits of static analysis tools.
- 5 years of recent commercial programming experience with exposure to control of electronic circuits, industrial machinery or computer systems.
- Experience in the design, implementation, testing and deployment of embedded control software and associated PC programs using C, C# and C++.
- Experience of control and automation systems
- The ability to appreciate and comprehend the overall system perspective and the impact of change is required.
- The candidate must be able to recognise and create solutions for physical problems.
- The ability to work under pressure to deadlines and good time manage skills are required.
- The ability to work and handle a several tasks concurrently is also required.
- Willingness to work paid overtime on a regular basis.
- Comfortable/familiarity with emulators, oscilloscopes or logic analysers.
- Appreciation of documentation and test procedures.
- Ability to adapt to software coding methods, quality and rationalisation.
- Appreciation of a commercially sensitive environment.
- Use of Version Control Tools such as PVCS, Case Tools.
- Awareness of multitasking operating systems.
- Awareness of Visual C++ and Access Programming.
- Familiarity with ARM, x86, 8051, PIC and 68000 microprocessors.
- Git version control
- Embedded Software
- Safety Critical Software