Job Title Senior Contracts Manager
Oversees and participates in the negotiating, structuring, and management of contractual documents that establish and/or renew business relationships with customers and/or partners. Reviews and approves documents for protection of the company’s contractual posture and adherence to company policy. Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Responsible for drafting agreements, leading negotiations, and structuring & finalizing contracts of significant value with focus on risk mitigation. Preparation of a formal written contract which reflects the agreed upon proposal and baseline deal. Manage all resources necessary to ensure successful conclusion of customer contracts as assigned.
- Pre-award proposal support - review of the RFP and proposal to ensure that risks and liabilities are captured and accounted for at the tender stage.
- Negotiation of contracts which encompasses all commercial, technical and legal terms.
- Work with sales and service teams as well as legal counsel internally and externally to identify areas of risk (corporate identifications, insurance, IP rights and penalties) and recommend ways to mitigate in the contract.
- Brief senior management on open contract issues and contract risks. Make recommendations for acceptance of contract terms and conditions, IP language, limitations of liability and remedies / penalties for failure to perform under contract, staying within approved risk profile. Manage inter-department communications for establishing contractual terms and conditions.
- Excellent negotiation / persuasive skills to enable successful conclusion of contracts which balance customer needs against the protection of company from excessive risk.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English, both in writing and verbally to all levels of the organization as well as external customers, including executives and attorneys.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to resolve complex issues and balance customer demands.
- Ability to find alternative solutions to contractual issues as they arise in contract negotiations. Possess the ability to look at a problem from various points of view to present all sides of the topic or issue.
- Having a wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other personnel and lead cooperative teams.
- A degree in law (preferred), business, engineering or related field is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in related contracts negotiation/management, writing and review.
- 5 years of specific contracts experience in the commercial avionics industry.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time to domestic and international locations.
- Contract Management