- Assumes overall responsibility for the projects and tenders in terms of financial performance, deadline compliance and technical performance of the work.
- Responsible for the management of projects under their authority, including liaising with the workshop supervisor during the day to day manufacturing of projects.
- Responsible for determining the projected cost estimates at the end of business deals for which they are responsible, and provides reports to the BU Manager.
- Organises bid and contract reviews and monitors changes in the contract.
- Verifies & validates sales orders before acknowledging receipts.
- Ensures the Quarterly Account Closing (EV) of their projects is properly carried out and the forecast estimates are duly performed.
- Manages the procurement and purchases for their projects.
- Establishes and counter signs purchase requests (PR).
- Responsible for the technical aspects of their projects.
- Participates in the preparation of the Business Unit's annual budget, Shared Strategic Plan (SSP) and their individual commercial action plan.
- Ensures that customer complaints are recorded and corrective action is taken.
- Ensures that corrective action is taken for all nonconformities.
- Maintains contract document control.
- Develops and manages key customer relationships, through regular reviews of contract performance with customers, understanding and managing needs and gaps
- Proactively delivers a quality installation to the satisfaction of our customers
- Actively seeks out, drives and promotes service excellence, best practice and continuous improvement initiatives
- Continually reviews supplier performance and shares information
- Reviews and approves project execution plans, health and safety plans, environmental plans, and safe method of work plans
- Seeks opportunities for business growth both within and outside the existing contract base
- Experienced in the Design of Low Voltage Switchboards and Motor Control Centres.
- Experienced in site survey's leading to modifications to existing equipment.
- Proven experience of working with and managing contracts within a traditional construction project
- Understanding of commercial issues affecting project performance and experience in assessing value I evaluating variations of works undertaken
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers at all levels
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills ; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to simplify complex concepts both orally and in written form
- Calm professional manner, but able to take firm and timely decisions
- Positive "can do" attitude, be proactive to identify and resolve management problems
- Able to work extended and/or unsocial hours to the full requirements of the role
- Ability to deliver projects to demanding deadlines
- Ability to develop friendly and professional customer focused relations with others