As the Contact Centre Change Team continues to evolve there is a requirement for a Continuous Improvement Lead to direct the Continuous Improvement team. Reporting to the Operational Excellence Manager, and leading a team of two central Improvement Practitioners, and a wider community of improvement champions, you will support the businesses CI journey by providing training, coaching and mentoring support for yellow belt and green belt practitioners, as well as delivering black belt level projects. Travel to other sites will be required as appropriate.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership and direction to central Improvement Practitioners to facilitate the creation of a high performing Continuous Improvement Team, coaching and mentoring team members as necessary.
- Embedding the use of professional CI methods (e.g. Lean/Six Sigma) in all areas of the Contact Centre, and following review of insight analysis, ensure the team have the right skills and knowledge to deliver business benefit.
- Leading the Team to identify performance improvement opportunities through the measurement of processes against defined standards, and initiating performance improvement cycles.
- Influencing key stakeholders and keep them up to date on change progress and continuous improvement initiatives by providing regular reports highlighting key successes and areas for improvement.
- Conducting external horizon scanning to understand industry and out of sector best practice around Contact Centre processes and practices and make recommendations for improvements.
You will have:
- Highly developed planning, problem solving and logical thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills, including six sigma toolsets - e.g. SPC, hypothesis testing, DOE.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, listening) and influencing skills. Ability to articulate messages to variety of audiences
- The ability to make things happen and focus on delivery, building a climate of trust with project teams and all other stakeholders
- Strong relationship building skills
- Highly developed change leadership skills with the ability to create urgency, momentum and lasting change
- The ability to manage team and individual performance to achieve set objectives
- The ability to balance short term broader team objectives with longer term strategic goals
- The ability to assess risk and make decisions without always having in depth information
- The ability to articulate complex business issues and solutions in a clear and concise manner
- The ability to create a performance coaching environment: role modelling good performance coaching practice; promoting and ensuring that performance coaching takes place within your direct reports
- The ability to lead and support people through change
- A strong background and in-depth knowledge of the Lean/Six Sigma methodology
- Knowledge of risk and cost assessment for processes models
- Knowledge of Root cause analysis
- Knowledge of the learning cycle - i.e. the ability to diagnose learning gaps for team members
- Experience of an Operational lean transformation and associated toolsets, e.g. Mckinsey 5 lens, TPS, Performance management, Visual Management, 5S
- Experience working with business process redesign and process improvement concepts, issues, methods, and techniques
- Previous experience of leading change implementation in a large organisation
- Recognised process improvement training and certification, ideally Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certified (from accredited body)
You will be:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience
- A Proficient user of all MS Office applications
- 33 days annual leave (includes bank holidays)
- 50% enhanced pension scheme
- Free Life Assurance
- Career progression opportunities within a growing and highly successful organisation.
- Visual Management
- Leading Change
- Operational Excellence
- Performance Improvement