Senior Content Editor - Global FinTech - London
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading, fast-growing global FinTech brand, headquartered in Central London as a Senior Content Editor.
From a journalism background, you will be an experienced story teller, with experience in technology journalism, and will take a lead role in writing complex and compelling stories from around the world.
The role will report into the Head of Content, and the successful incumbent will join a dynamic and growing team with lots of opportunity for career progression.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Journalism background - technology/emerging markets an advantage
- Amazing written English and sharp sub-editing skills
- Self-starter, capable of creating and managing your own workload
- Team player who enjoys working collaboratively with co-workers and bouncing ideas around
- Fantastically well organised
- Proven track record of creative storytelling with complex subject matters
- Keen eye for spotting striking imagery likely to promote a story and an understanding of why a visually rich environment is important online
- Familiarity with social media, and writing for social
- Confidence interviewing ordinary people and teasing out their stories
- Experience in an online publishing environment and confidence working with CMS systems
- Able to use Adobe Photoshop or similar software to edit photos to illustrate articles and create photo galleries
- Wider understanding of Adobe’s Creative Cloud platform and some basic video editing skills and advantage but not a necessity
- Additional languages are a plus but not a necessity
- Reporting to the head of content, an ex-BBC journalist, you will write regular pieces for the company blog, and for placement elsewhere both under your own byline and other peoples’
- Draft first-rate copy for content, PR and social functions
- Create thought leadership pieces around USPs and main talking points
- Working closely with the head of content and the wider content team, originate ideas for blog and social content
- Write short news pieces around curated third party content
- Create in-depth stories to accompany video content
- Find stories that resonate with audiences from industry insiders to customers from around the world to expert commentators
- Manage existing media assets and look at ways to create added value
- Manage relationships with contributors and write content briefs
- Work with other members of the team to produce different types of content aimed at different markets
- Sub-edit contributors work accurately with consideration for tone of voice and content
This is a superb opportunity to join a fast-growing international team, and be part of an exciting journey.
Salary Package: to £45k with superb benefits on top: Bonus, Health, Life, Medical, 9% Contributory Pension, Flexi-Time, Remote working opportunities.
Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applicants within 14 days, due to volumes received this isn’t always possible. If you’re not contacted within 14 days, you may assume your application on this occasion has not been successful. Please keep an eye on our website www.marketing-talent.co.uk for future positions that may be of interest.
Keywords: Content, Content Editing, journalism, journalist, editor, storytelling, stories, sub-editing, social media, blogging, blog, CMS, content management, interviewing, adobe, creative suite, photoshop, creative cloud, PR, thought leadership, video, video editing, media, tone-of-voice, customer experience, marketing, degree, global, international, fintech, financial, London, team, remittance, trading, exchange, foreign exchange, fx, transfers, money, permanent.
- Content Management
- Copy Editing