SHL helps organisations assess, select and develop the right people for the right roles using proven, science-based assessments, technologies, consulting services and benchmark data.
The Professional Services team at SHL plays a pivotal role in the ongoing delivery of client solutions through a range of consulting and product-led interventions. The Senior Consultant role provides a great opportunity to work with some of our key clients, consulting at senior levels and working across the breadth of talent measurement solutions.
The role will be responsible for leading amongst our most significant and complex projects. This requires a mix of consulting expertise and interest in business development especially interacting with senior stakeholders. In addition, the role will help to ensure profitable revenue growth of the UK&I business through the scoping and sale of world class consulting solutions that delight our clients and address their business and talent challenges.
This position will report into one of the team managers in UK&I Professional Services. It is based in Thames Ditton with options to work from our London office or from home.
• Project delivery - The primary focus of this role will be in providing first class delivery. Developing client relationships; client management and project delivery; the provision of expert advice on SHL products and services, working with colleagues within and outside the Professional Services business to ensure that our solutions meet client needs and deliver sustainable growth in SHL’s business.
Designs and delivers solutions including:
o Talent Management Strategy & Process Design (e.g. talent management frameworks, competency frameworks, assessment or development intervention design, role profiling, performance management systems)
o Assessment (e.g. assessment centres, restructure/redundancy, executive assessment, 360 feedback)
o Post Hire Solutions (e.g. talent/ high potential audit, online development tools, leadership assessment and coaching)
o Learning & Development (e.g. development centres, team alignment, coaching and action learning)
o Training Delivery for public (open) courses or in-house customised/bespoke training (Level 1 and 2 qualifications, assessor training, competency design and job analysis, competency based interviewing, 360 feedback, coaching etc).
o Product Consulting (e.g. OPQ custom reports, situational judgement tests, realistic job previews, validation and business outcome studies)
• Business development - For some larger strategic accounts you will partner with Sales to plan and execute an account strategy to drive revenue growth. You will also support a wider range of identified opportunities with Sales by shaping, scoping and positioning solutions in order to win business. This involves follow up on new business leads and on new opportunities with existing clients, generation and support on proposals and responding to RFPs, providing scoping and pricing expertise to the business.
• Project lead for critical consulting projects - For some assigned accounts, and significant projects (in complexity and/or value) this role will lead the project delivery team. This will typically be a multidisciplinary team of project managers, psychologists, analysts and IT professionals. Providing a consistent, senior contact throughout the project for the client; ensuring the proposal and scope is accurately translated into delivery; providing expertise and guidance to the SHL delivery teams on complex aspects of the project and ensuring key stakeholder expectations are met; delivering senior level work, e.g. talent boards, visionary interviews, when required; proactively managing and resolving issues; acting as an escalation point for internal teams and the client.
• Drive continuous improvement - Positively contribute to SHL growth by advising on and scoping profitable consulting work that fully explores and challenges client needs, makes best use of existing solutions and packages, and demonstrates efficient use of resource to maximize value to clients. The role will also have responsibility to help shape our thinking in new solutions and services by identifying themes and trends in the market or sectors. This requires being active in the industry, contributing to industry events and networks, identifying opportunities to improve the efficiency and quality of our consulting solutions
• Likely to be a Chartered Occupational Psychologist or have an equivalent qualification in the HR field
• Level A and B (intermediate) accreditation by the BPS
• A persuasive and credible networker - with skills to develop existing opportunities and leverage new ones
• Client facing experience
• Strong background in assessment and development in the workplace and/or SHL Talent Assessment’s product suite
• Able to create and manipulate documents using Microsoft Office products, especially Excel. Knowledge of SPSS desirable but not essential.
• A high achiever with enthusiasm and resilience
• A strong team player
• Able to travel in the UK, Europe and the Middle East (approx 4-8 nights per month away from home is likely to be required)
What SHL Can Offer You:
• A culture comprised of diverse, global teams who have a passion for collaboration and client service.
• Robust training, support, coaching, and on-the-job development to achieve career success.
• The ability to engage, influence and impact a broad array of the world's leading executives.
SHL, the global leader in talent innovation, helps companies transform productivity through deeper people insight. Powering the future of business, our data and tools are proven to drive stronger, more sustainable business outcomes.
- Process Design
- Professional Services
- New Solutions
- Project Delivery
- Talent Management