£45,000 - £55,000
Working for an independent consultancy dealing with Integrated Logistics Support and Through Life Support Services as a Senior Consultant, you will be specifically targeting R&M (Reliability and Maintainability) and Safety. Sectors you will cover include defence, manufacturing, transport and energy. In the main the role is UK based and you will be responsible for:
Completing all tasks as determined by Domain Lead, Project Manager or the Directors, and use initiative to address any other activities that will provide benefit to the company.
Demonstrating an outstanding ability to complete tasks efficiently and effectively, and apply excellent time management skills with the capacity to multi-task when required.
Identifying personnel and resources necessary to meet the project requirements and develop/manage cost and work breakdown structures for each project.
Visiting customers to discuss initial project development and requirements, and plan/convene meetings to satisfy project requirements and business activities. Prepare and present written/verbal reports.
Coordinating and collate time accounting data from project team and produce/deliver project budgetary reports and returns as required.
Being actively involved with company training activities with regard to development and delivery of courses within area of expertise, and take a proactive approach towards personal and team development, training and subsequent performance.
Giving due consideration to making recommendations to the Board in drawing up company policies and procedures.
Independently representing the company and identify/develop commercial opportunities.
To be considered for this role you must:
• Be able to prioritise own workload and commitments and those of the project/domain team as required.
• Have proven ability to maintain excellent standards in organisation and communication, and encourage similar high standards from team members.
• Possess the skill sets and ability to mentor team members or clients as required.
• Be able to communicate effectively at all levels and work across functional boundaries within a multidiscipline environment.
• Be a self-motivated team leader/member with an excellent ability to work independently, with a logical and positive approach to decision making.
• Be educated to degree level or have acceptable experience/specialist knowledge at discretion of the company.
• Engineering background with a significant amount of recent experience operating within the Acquisition System Guidance (ASG).
• Exhibit an excellent understanding of the relevant domain principles, standards and procedures, the CADMID/CADMIT cycle, the Defence Industrial Strategy (DIS) and an outstanding knowledge of the Through Life Support Strategy (TLSS).
• Possess Project Management (PM) qualifications or have recent PM experience.
• Ideally qualified in a number of specific business functions (ILS, Risk, Safety, R&M, HFI, Supply Support), with the capability of working in all the other business domains as required.
• IT qualified with an excellent ability using MS Office (including an excellent working knowledge of MS Outlook) and MS Project, and ideally qualified in using some or all of the main bespoke relevant software tools (for ILS, Risk, Safety and R&M).
You will ideally be from an ex-military background and have experience of self-management on technical projects possibly on-site with clients.
For more information and to apply for this role call Mitch Jenderko on or apply online. If you have not received feedback in 14 days, please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Ethero staffing provides both permanent and temporary recruitment services to local businesses. With the simple ethos of local people for local jobs we aim to ensure that we support the local employment market whenever possible with targeted local advertising strategies and maximised local networking operations. Ethero Staffing's standard service provision ranks amongst the most competitive in the UK market place:- - Highly competitive charge rates - if we can save you money we will. - Industry leading service guarantees to underline our belief in our ability - Forward provisions for contingency planning for clients using high volumes of staff - Candidate assessments specifically designed for a client or even a single job - Repeat customer discounts and long term contract cost reductions