Senior Consultant - VAT & Tax
Senior Consultant - VAT & Tax
NHS Shared Business Services
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000pa DOE plus 25days Holiday, Pension, Private Medical, Car Allowance and 3% flexible benefits
Location: Flexible base location, with regular UK travel expected across client sites
As a BPO provider to over 280 NHS bodies, NHS Shared Business Service covers a broad range of financial services across the sector, including Finance & Accounting (including VAT), Payroll and Procurement services. Our VAT department includes over 40 NHS specialists, supported by a consultancy team providing specialist advice and ad-hoc advisory works across the sector.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated and business minded indirect Tax/VAT specialist to join our growing team. Coming in as a Senior Consultant, the successful candidate will be heavily client facing, working towards challenging sales targets and helping shape the expansion of the service line. The successful candidate must be driven to succeed, available for frequent travel, give seminars/training and undertake a variety of VAT consultancy services in an efficient and professional manner.
Home working and a company car are an option and there are various offices across the UK atop the main base in Leeds available to work from. This is an excellent opportunity to join a warm team and help shape the future of the service. The team are driven to succeed and strive to provide real value!
- Knowledge of the indirect tax market is essential accompanied by strong technical knowledge.
- Knowledge of all areas of VAT in particular trade with overseas, construction, land and property and partial exemption would be advantageous
- Working both independently and alongside the wider VAT Team to promote and manage the sale of VAT Consultancy services
- Support the expansion of VAT Consultancy Services and generate income through the achievement of sales targets.
- Manage and facilitate routine VAT seminars to potential clients.
- Prepare technical VAT documents and communications for clients.
- Frequent travel to client sites for VAT work/meetings.
- Working with finance and commercial teams to support on billing arrangements.
- Provide internal and external training to develop the team and clients.
- Provide VAT consultancy services to clients such as Partial Exemption and Business/Non-Business reviews; NHS VAT Capital reviews; Output Tax reviews; Contract reviews and; any ad-hoc work required by client organisations in order to meet their VAT statutory obligations.
- CTA Qualified and/or relevant experience
- Applicants must have prior VAT experience gained within a professional or HMRC environment.
- Significant demonstrable previous work experience within the Indirect tax arena. This could be gained through working in Customs and Excise, within Practice at a Big 4' firm or another reputable accounting firm, or mixed, in house background, within Industry and practice
- Good communication, coaching and presentation skills
- Proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to make well informed decisions on complex raw data complying with any relevant legislation
- Good commercial mind to make value judgments and recognise potential sales opportunities
- Excellent IT skills - in particular the use of Microsoft packages
- Full UK driving license and ability to travel across the UK to client sites
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS Shared Business Services is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. We're proud to be the only company which is part of the NHS family, with over 30% of the market using one or more of our products. Our mission is to deliver £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020. We've already delivered audited savings of over £400 million to our NHS clients.
As an organisation one of our strategic objectives is to become a Great Place to Work, with a score of 70+. To ensure we achieve our aim we ensure our people are at the centre of our development.
NHS Shared Business Services is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and values all employees as individuals. All applicants and employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
Find out more
Visit the NHS SBS website and the NHS SBS LinkedIn company page.
- Consultative Approach
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'