This is a superb time to join RPS with a number of high profile projects across a range of sectors and excellent opportunity for progression, reward and personal growth in a highly regarded global consultancy. With an enviable client list, and the highest calibre multi-disciplinary back-up team, we are able to offer superb opportunities to showcase your talents.
We are an environmental team of passionate consultancy professionals who advise a wide range of clients across the UK and globally. 2016 was a great year for the team where we grew in staff numbers, expanded our service offering and received excellent feedback on our projects. This year has started strongly and we are on track to continue our successful growth, whilst next year we celebrate RPS’s 40th anniversary.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and diligent flood risk specialist looking to forward their career within a well-established and highly respected team Flood Risk team. The candidate will be involved with all stages of projects, including provision of fee quotes, preparation of technical reports, liaison with clients and regulators, and management of budgets and schedules. The team’s growing client base includes property developers, architects, planners and property investors, primarily within the private sector.
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Sustainable Drainage Strategies and Hydrology & Flood Risk chapters for Environment Statements;
- Consultation with the Environment Agency (EA) and Lead Local Flood Authorities (LLFAs);
- Desk-based research and data collection / analysis;
- Design of flood and drainage mitigation measures;
- Supporting the preparation of bids and fee proposals;
- Client liaison and attendance at meetings;
- Liaison with other RPS teams and external contractors (e.g. topographic surveyors); and
- Project management (e.g. managing budgets, developing new clients).
- Mentoring of graduates;
- Hydraulic modelling (preferably Flood Modeller Tuflow);
- Micro Drainage; and
The successful candidate will be:
- An enthusiastic learner looking to develop their skills and knowledge;
- Highly organised, motivated and able to manage their own workloads;
- Able to deliver innovative high quality environmental solutions to our clients on time and budget;
- Able to collect and interpret environmental data and information;
- Able to clearly present / discuss projects with colleagues, clients and Regulators; and
- Keen to understand / learn about environmental policy and the UK planning regime.
- Environmental Science, Hydrology or similar degree, preferably with a related MSc;
- 1-4 years professional experience preparing NPPF compliant Flood Risk Assessments and Sustainable Drainage Strategies;
- Good technical understanding of the key sources of flooding and sustainable drainage;
- Proficient report writing and IT skills, including the ability to use MS Word and MS Excel; and
- Knowledge of the UK planning regime and guidance documents: NPPF, Planning Practice Guidance, TAN15 and SPP7.
In return, we are offering you the opportunity to develop your career with one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies together with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays (with option to purchase additional days)
- Company pension scheme
- Share incentive scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Training and Development
- Sponsorship of Professional Membership
- Flood Risk
- Sustainable Drainage
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job