Senior Consultant - Data Science and Analytics Aviation
At TUI, we see the application of data and artificial intelligence as a core source of competitive advantage in the drive to deliver market leading personalised customer experiences. This is a great time to join the team which is extending the application of data and analytics across TUI Aviation, to support our analytics roadmap, joining up the data and providing data science and analytics expertise across our 5 Airlines.
The Senior Consultant role will be part of our analytics and data science team and work on key strategic projects across our 5 Airlines and the wider business. The role has accountability for the design and development of the analytical solutions using a variety of technologies, and techniques, and working alongside IT, business and other data science colleagues. These projects will operate across our 5 Airlines and as such the role can be based in any of our Aviation source market offices: Luton, Zaventem, Rijswijk, Hannover or Stockholm. With this international flavour, some travel may be required.
TUI are significantly investing in the area of data science both from a technology and people perspective and have a number of ambitious projects in progress or planned across our Aviation platform in Engineering and Maintenance, Crew Planning and Operations to name a few – There has never been a more exciting time to join the team.
Applications close 9 April 2021
How You Will Make An Impact
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- As a senior consultant you will work with multiple senior stakeholders to deliver business value through the use of data and technology and playing roles at all stages of the solution development cycle
- There will be an expectation for you to understand the business problem and proactively identify potential data solutions. You will have a key role in structuring and scoping the solutions
- You are also likely to be involved in the development of solutions and ensuring successful implementation and driving the benefits from the solution
- You may work across multiple projects either independently, in a small team or be part of a larger team of developers architects and data scientists
- Our Analytics Consultants will often play a product owner or senior product owner role in agile delivery teams where they will be responsible for maximising the value delivered by the data product and acting as the bridge between business stakeholders and technical specialists
- The projects you will work on will be both significant and interesting, using leading edge technology and key to TUI Aviation’s growth plans with high visibility at the executive level.
What You Will Bring
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Highly numerate with a broad understanding of analytics, data science and technology with an ability to spot how particular approaches can be applied
- Proven experience of structuring and solving complex business problems using data and technology
- Familiarity and experience with a wide range of technologies including Python, R, SQL, Spotfire
- Significant knowledge and experience in data, statistics and machine learning
- Experience using AWS or other cloud technology is preferred
- Organised, structured and logical thinker – with a methodical, clear approach to solving business problems, using data, and analytics / data science techniques to deliver business benefit and outcome oriented solutions;
- Data knowledgeable and inquisitive – confident in using specific data and sources in support of solution delivery
- Customer and internal client centric – working in partnership with both internal “customers”, and external customers, balancing this with commercial and business drivers and goals
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, in English. Comfortable managing and influencing senior stakeholders
- Self-motivated consultant who takes initiative and works collaboratively
- Ability to manage ambiguity and quickly adapt to changes in priority
- Degree qualification (minimum 2:1) in a mathematics or scientific degree; associated post graduate or professional qualification is highly valued.
TUI and You
Working at TUI has many advantages – here are some of the highlights: ?
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts
- Online wellbeing and learning support
- Fun and dynamic work culture
TUI Aviation is an organisation setup within TUI to cover all Aviation activities. We interlink local airline and group aviation functions to share expertise, collaborate effectively, drive continuous improvement and create economies of scale. With five airlines based in the UK, Sweden, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany each serving their own markets, we work together to build a better, stronger and more efficient TUI Aviation for the future.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'