What it's like to work at Argyll:
We're a friendly, dynamic and supportive team. We encourage passion, ambition and collaboration, both in our performance as a team and individually. New ideas are encouraged. We actively promote involvement in the development and direction of our products and services, as well as finding more efficient ways to work. We also love a good work social and team building events. As well as this we offer:
- 25 days’ holiday, with optional 5 days unpaid leave per year
- Flexible working
- Annual lifestyle allowance of £300 to put towards an activity of your choice
- Cycle to Work scheme and Gym Flex scheme
- Internal coaching/mentoring system throughout your time here
- Focus on training and career progression
- Competitive salary
The Senior Consultant will be a Flood Risk specialist, developing and maintaining relationships with key clients, forming part of the consultancy team and provide support and training to the consultants and assistant consultants. Managing and completing all aspects of consultancy work including writing comprehensive proposals and tenders for projects. Working alongside the Consultancy Lead to ensure the growth of the business area in line with targets.
This role will also require involvement in other projects such as internal training, product development, supporting other business areas or teams, client management, and delivering external presentations and CPDs.
The role will involve:
- Writing/reviewing flood risk assessment/environmental audit proposals
- Undertaking and reviewing flood risk assessments/environmental audits (compliance and planning)
- Managing flood risk business area
- Project management for large scale due diligence/flood portfolios
- Technical review of third-party flood risk assessments and/or equivalent
- Leading CPDs to clients
- Networking to promote new business.
- Innovation - build/support resource cases tied to new revenue generation.
- Lead on technical aspects of new products/refresh of existing products.
- Technical market research.
- Training Assistant Consultants and Consultant in area of expertise.
Enthusiastic, positive and driven with excellent communication and organisational skills. Commercial with the ability to solve complex issues with minimum supervision. You will also have/be:
- BA/BSc (Hons) in an Environmental Science or a similar discipline such as Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Geology or GIS
- Associate member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or the
- Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management. IEMA accredited Associate Environmental Auditor. Or equivalent qualification.
- Flood Risk Specialist having experience working within the sector, mastering core skills such as completion of and quoting/scoping flood surveys/audits, complex Flood Risk Assessments and associated services.
- Experience in contaminated land would be a distinct advantage.
- Project and account management
Argyll Environmental are part of the Landmark Information Group, with bright, modern offices in Brighton city centre. Argyll are contaminated land and flood risk specialists. We deliver environmental insight to the majority of the top law firms in the UK, along with other niche markets such as SIPPs, asset managers, architects and developers. Landmark are leading environmental and property data experts, so together we are well placed to offer innovative products and services to the wider market. Our work is varied and could be anything from a small project to help someone gain planning permission, to supporting national scale property portfolios. Regardless of the project, we pride ourselves on offering an unrivalled level of service for our clients.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Account Management
- Contaminated Land
- Project Management
- Risk Assessments
- Flood Risk
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'