Be develops luxury homes for sale as well as operating homes for the private rented sector. Not all property developers are the same as at be we see our developments as the foundations of whole new communities. After all it's people that make the place and that is also true of working at be. For more information please visitwww.be.co.uk
We are currently seeking a Senior Construction Manager to work on a residential development of circa 240 homes built over 17 floors around a central piazza based in Kew, West London. In this role you will take the lead in managing the delivery of the construction project safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality. You will be an experienced Project Manager ideally with a mixture of contractor/development experience and a strong working knowledge of substructure and superstructure.
Key responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will be able to lead the project team, manage the supply chain and to deliver projects safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality whilst exceeding our customers' expectations. The project is likely to peak at approximately 300 operatives on the site.
The key objectives of a Senior Construction Manager at Be is to develop and implement project strategy and delivery programme, ensure effective communication and implementation to deliver the project on time, ensure regular monitoring and reporting on progress, and instigate corrective actions as required.
It is equally as important in this role to manage the operational aspects of the project to achieve the budget, review performance against targets and identify and manage potential risks and opportunities, manage project handover and ensure defect /snag free completion; all whilst leading and motivating the project team and the supply chain to deliver the project!
In addition you will need to develop and monitor strategies (including sustainability) to deliver a quality build in accordance with the requirements of the project.
The Brentford development is set over 4.7ha of industrial land which has been reclaimed for this project and is set to be build over two main phases. Phase 1 consists of the construction of a 17,500 seat stadium for Brentford FC due for completion in August 2019 and the works will commence in March 18. The residential section of Phase 1 consists of 487 homes delivering a mix of private and affordable rental units.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- A track record of successful delivery of projects
- A variety of construction operations
- Controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Reading and accurately interpreting contract documents, programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
- Managing teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC / NVQ4 etc)
- Appropriate CSCS card
- First Aid at Work certificate
- Valid driving licence
- SMSTS certificate
- Construction related degree
- Achieved or working towards MCIOB
- You will be able to model behaviour that shows, respect, helpfulness and co-operation,
- Respond positively and with resilience to setbacks
- Take personal responsibility for making things happen,
- Find practical ways to overcome barriers,
- Understand and address stakeholders' needs,
- Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others,
- Balance multiple priorities and build consensus on the way forward,
- Make and implement difficult and / or unpopular decisions.
Be embraces diversity in the workplace.
Our founding and now sister company, Willmott Dixon, have built a reputation over the last 160 years as a sustainable contractor which delivers quality buildings across a wide variety of different uses from schools, public buildings, offices and houses. Ensuring that the homes and communities we create are truly sustainable is an important part of our business and something we believe is the right thing to do.
Supported by a team of over 80+ multi-disciplined staff, we have the ambition, skills and experience to deliver on our mission to create great places to be. Perhaps more importantly, we also have an unwavering commitment to changing the face of property development.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.
- Project Manager
- Construction Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job