My client are a global fashion brand, headquartered in London, they are a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
You will lead the team dealing with costs and procurement for capital expenditure projects within the region (corners, travel, mainline, outlets etc), involved on projects from feasibility stage to project completion, producing and managing budgets, cost control, tenders, contracts, procurement and reporting. Taking direct lead on key/complex projects and flagships. Actively supporting supplier selection and development, partaking in key initiatives including value engineering, historical data collection and various process/guidance requirements for the wider global teams.
Manage all commercial aspects of flagships and key/complex projects within the EMEIA Region from inception until completion including determination of brief, scope definition, project feasibility, cost planning, tender process, post contract change control, reporting and final account agreements. Manage external construction cost management consultants where appointed.
- Manage and oversee the Construction Cost & Procurement team in the EMEIA region, driving performance, quality and consistency, balancing workload and personal development
- Develop and employ modelling and estimating techniques to provide accurate rates and costs for an annual spend of up to £50m across a variety of different types and sizes of new and refurbishment retail projects.
- Conduct and/or oversee tender processes including preparation of tender documentation, evaluation of tenders and the making of detailed recommendations
- Act as contracts manager for the projects including preparation, insurances, extensions of time and any other contract documentation/amendments
- Develop and manage procurement techniques to suit the types and quantum of programmes, projects and initiatives with solutions which will demonstrate and ensure best value is delivered taking account of quality, programme and health and safety implications.
- Adopt a consistent approach to the contractual engagement of all consultants, suppliers and contractors employed by the client to carry out works associated with the capital plan. Ensure a timely appointment including agreement of fees and an appropriately specified level of services and activities. Avoid duplication of roles with other consultants and vendors.
- Monitor the financial progress of individual projects through regular communication and reports assessing the potential impact of change on the budgets and also taking account of the effect on the business and ensuring change control procedures are rigidly adhered to. Take up any variances with the appropriate area/individual. Site Visits to monitor progress & identify savings.
- Agree final accounts with all contractors, consultants and suppliers.
- Oversee Purchase Order process, ensure timely release of payments, resolution of issues within SAP
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying (significant advantage)
- Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Construction Faculty (MRICS) or equivalent
- Experience gained at a senior level in a corporate client based organisation or specialist consultancy.
- Is a confident inspiring leader with credibility who is prepared to drive hard and challenge project teams comprised of internal and external professionals probing and questioning in a constructive manner.
- Detailed knowledge of the construction process and procurement is essential, particularly relating to retail construction.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job