Our client is a global law firm who are currently experiencing a period of strategic and operational growth. As such they are looking to hire a Senior Conflicts Officer into their Global Risk & Compliance team.
The firm has divided the business acceptance work into primary areas: clients and conflicts management. The new team member will be primarily focused on conflicts management and related tasks, including undertaking conflict searches, analysing reports, escalating potential issues for resolution and advising lawyers and staff on the firm’s policies and procedures.
Other tasks which the Officers undertake include:
- Explaining to lawyers and PAs information required to comply with the various regulatory requirements
- Guiding and training Lawyers and PAs on the use of the Conflicts systems
- Managing security information barriers and maintaining databases of confidential information
- Setting up and checking new clients and matters; maintaining records
- Reviewing files to check engagement terms are in place and managing the alert/reporting system
- Providing support to other LLP offices on compliance related matters
- Monitoring regulatory requirements of the legal profession in the UK, Europe, the US and Asia
- Carrying out research on companies and new clients
- Ensure that the regulations (such as AML/Client Due Diligence) are adhered to within the firm
- Carrying out risk assessments and sanctions checks on all parties to all new matters
Skills and Experience Required
- Have an interest and experience in Conficts
- Ideally qualified lawyer or legal qualification
- Some AML knowledge and experience
- Excellent aptitude for research and familiarity with online research tools
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Accuracy and an eye for detail
To find out more information on this role please contact Nikki Bjurenvall in complete confidence.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job