Life feels better when you love your job…
Here at Vanquis we do, and it’s what we believe has contributed most to our success.
Our business has grown so much since we started in 2002 and we’ve achieved this growth by encouraging our employees to put ideas forward, make decisions and constantly improve the service we provide for our customers.
We now have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as a Senior Compliance Officer. Supporting in all compliance related matters within the Bank, you’ll ensure best practice compliance with current legal and regulatory requirements and proactively identify strategies to safeguard the interests of the Bank as well as our Customers.
You will be responsible for the delivery of the monitoring plan by monitoring, reviewing and assessing business activities, identifying areas of risk and potential detriment to our customers and developing solutions to mitigate exposure. As a senior member of the Compliance team based in Chatham you’ll also deputise for the Head of Compliance Monitoring as well as manage and develop our team of motivated and skilled Compliance Monitoring Officers.
What we’re looking for and what you’ll get in return:
- You’ll use your proven track record in a regulated Financial Services Business in retail banking and/or credit cards to have input into the Compliance Monitoring Framework ensuring we’re kept up to date with emerging trends and changes on the regulatory horizon
- You will be focused on the right outcome for our customers.
- Excellent communication skills will enable you to build great relationships with all departments across the Bank.
- Using an Analytical approach, you’ll support with the preparation of quarterly reports as well as proactively investigate trends and get to the root of the issue.
- Having full knowledge and understanding of Conduct Risk will enable you to ensure we have a customer focussed culture, putting them at the heart of our business and strategies.
- Whilst previous Monitoring/Audit/Assurance experience would be helpful it is not necessary.
If you’d like to apply for this role please go to our website via the link.
Please note: Once the closing date has been reached we will review all CVs. Should we wish to progress your application we will contact you within four weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful.
On occasion we identify alternative roles that may be suitable for applicants and therefore we may retain your CV for up to 6 months for this purpose. If you do not wish us to contact you or hold your CV on file for 6 months please contact us.
We welcome applications from every area of the community, regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, colour, ethnic origin, disability, sexuality, religion or beliefs, and believe that everyone should be treated fairly and consistently. We are TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) ambassadors and believe that everything we do as a company should benefit our customers.