This is a Fixed Term Contract role expected to last at least nine months
Main purpose of role
To undertake second line assurance activity in the form of compliance monitoring, to assess the adequacy of systems and controls in place across the business, including UK, Dublin and Cayman-based fund ranges, to mitigate against key regulatory and other review specific risk types.
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role
The role is to undertake designated compliance monitoring and assurance within the business and will include compliance oversight on a risk basis of worldwide third-party investment advisors, third-party fund administrators, trustees/custodians, prime brokers, investment management, fund distributors and internal functions. It will follow the framework of a risk based compliance monitoring program and investigate any relevant material issues/exceptions.
The Senior Compliance Officer is responsible for:
- Undertaking risk-based compliance monitoring reviews as detailed within the risk based annual Compliance Monitoring Plan;
- Arrange, prepare and where necessary lead audits in line with the compliance monitoring plan;
- Prepare necessary reports including findings, actions for key stakeholders, covering monitoring exceptions and progress within the monitoring plan;
- Assist with preparation of reports to the regulated Boards and Audit/Risk Committees, highlighting any specific high risk areas, management of actions and progress against the compliance monitoring programme;
- Maintain awareness of global regulatory developments with regards to all business activities;
- Assist with the oversight of all FCA regulatory returns; and
- Provide technical support and develop the wider compliance monitoring team to maximise added value and efficient use of resources.
Key Risk and FCA requirements
Key Behavioural Skills
- Specific technical competencies
- Detailed knowledge of FCA/CBI/SFC/SEC regulations
- Detailed knowledge of Money Laundering regulations
Plus behavioral competencies
Dependable: Act with integrity, due skill, care and diligence
Ensure customer outcomes are the focus of our business and we are respected by regulators
Collaborate with peers across the Organisation
Share openly and be transparent
Adopt a responsible approach
Maintain our entrepreneurial culture
Strive for continuous improvement
Lead by example
- Graduate calibre, IMC or other industry equivalent
- Previous global asset management experience either in compliance, fund accounting, transfer agency or other business.
- Compliance Monitoring
- Risk Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job