Senior Communications Producer
To join a thriving, innovative, agency, with a fantastic culture.
"The most important thing about communication is to experience what is being said and read."
Planning. Design. Delivery. Communications. Project. Execution.
Accomplish. Achieve. Celebrate!
Our client is an establish brain-child of two super influential heavy weights from the live communications and events industry; and their agency is now firmly in the momentum phase, so this is a hugely exciting time to join.
The range of exciting activity includes mainly live events projects but also a growing number of 'consultancy orientated’ projects where good understanding and/or awareness of other channels of communication including training methodologies are important.
Insightgathering. Interpreting evidence. Designingthe experience.
The Senior Communications Producer will also supervise the project team to ensure that all work - from initial insight gathering & research, creative concepts through to logistics and technical - delivers against agreed objectives and surpasses clients’ expectations.
As our successful Senior Communications Producer, you will be flexible and adaptable, and be able to attract, influence and develop strong and durable relationships with both colleagues, suppliers, and clients alike.
What do you do, day to day?
- Help recruit/form fluid, flexible and efficient project teams to then lead these respective team(s) to ensure absolute understanding of the business objectives, review and interpret the research and finally design and subsequent undertake flawless delivery of all projects & programmes
- When required the SCP will lead the creative process if not by idea generation itself then by enlisting, facilitating and mentoring the creative process with the right people in the meeting(s)
- Project and programme management from the simple to complex. Includes a reasonable understanding of training processes and workshop content design.
- Ensures all client and supplier communication is accurate, credible and timely
- Contributes to Business Development process. Including supporting targeting potential clients and then meeting them to present the appropriate credentials - with professionalism and passion.
- Supporting and where appropriate leading (winning) creative pitches - also have a healthy interest in and good working knowledge of digital and social media channels
- Budget control/management and planning. To generate the agreed overall minimum profit margins on all managed projects as an EP. To deliver to agreed financial targets and enhance margin wherever possible. To work out a positive cash flow schedule against the main project.
- Ongoing firm but fair supplier/freelancer project communication
- Effective supplier negotiation with excellent commercial awareness to make ongoing margin improvements
- Develop positive on-going relationships with clients at all levels including development of new client relations. Gain client trust and respect and instil confidence to plan, co-ordinate, lead and guide client meetings and discussions
- Interpret client briefs using 'IDDI’ process within any subsequent proposal or recommendation.
- To prepare diligently for internal and external project de-briefs and reviews with credible impact and measurement to the fore
- Understand both face to face and digital measurement processes and can then manage subsequent simple and robust measurement and evaluation programmes.
What kind of person are you? (in no priority)
- You have a wonderful and resilient 'can do’ attitude
- Ideally you live within a 'reasonable’ easy commuting distance to HQ in Surrey. ('reasonable’ means c1 hr or less commute each way). If you don’t then a sustained, cheerful attitude to your then longer commute is important.
- You show evidence of having strong leadership acumen- including leading client and internal teams
- You clearly have the ambition and skill sets to grow and contribute to the culture, commercial development and growth of a boutique creative, strategic, live events communications agency
- You are willing to take responsibility and work at all levels to create and deliver programmes that persuade our clients business audiences to change their attitudes and behaviours
- You have an interest in, or previous experience of: live events, training and possibly behavioural change programmes - but the latter not essential
- Further to this you understand communications strategy and you can decipher and simplify reasonably complex communications challenges. Additionally, you are able to then construct a forward plan with the right support and the right solutions and at the right price point.
- You are unfazed by tight deadlines and conflicting priorities and remain calm and collected under pressure
- You are a confident and engaging communicator and presenter - with the ability to challenge where necessary
- You have an excellent knowledge of technical and logistical aspects of live event production including film and video/moving image
- You have the ability to write clear and concise copy
- You have advanced influencing skills - and are principled in your approach to business and relationship building
- You have the ability to construct and manage a project budget with experience of working within forex (foreign exchange currencies)
- You have experience and understanding of the power of compelling film and video, digital and speaker support interconnecting with the live
- Event Management