- Deliver the internal communications strategy targeting staff, as agreed with the Head of Communications and Events, in liaison with other key internal stakeholders, such as staff in Organisational Development, the President's Office and other departments.
- Support the communications elements of the Organisational Development Framework, and report on their delivery and impact.
- Provide strategic communications advice for stakeholders in the University which address their communications needs on a range of issues including organisational culture, Vision and Strategy 2026, staff initiatives, pay and pensions.
- Work with the Head of Corporate Marketing and Head of Communications and Events on the new City brand campaign, tailoring messaging and content to internal and corporate stakeholder audiences.
- Act as Editor of the University's staff magazine, writing and collating news and features, with input from the Communications team. Work with the designer on layout and production, and manage the distribution process.
- Work with the Internal Communications Officer on the production and distribution of the weekly e-newsletter.
- Co-ordinate the strategic development and management of the staff intranet, working with internal stakeholders and content owners across the University. Work closely with the IT department responsible for technical delivery and maintenance.
- Manage processes and procedures for internal group mailing lists (all staff, all heads of department, all academics, all students etc.) and lead on moderation to ensure these channels work effectively.
- Own and deliver regular changes to the information available to staff, students and visitors on the electronic signage found in various locations around the City campus.
- Enhance the University's communications to key stakeholder groups and support governance communications
- Develop and implement an engagement plan for key stakeholder groups including City's Council, Court, City of London Corporation, London Mayor's Office, Islington Council, Local Resident groups.
- Review existing communications with these groups and suggest improvements on how to better engage them in the University's activities. In particular, consider we can better communicate our relationships with these groups to the staff audience, to enhance their understanding of these relationships.
- Conduct a review of communications to staff about City's Council and Senate, their meetings and outcomes.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below:-
- Substantial experience of delivering strategic internal communications in a large, complex organisation.
- Experience working with senior management or executive teams.
- Experience working in corporate communications or stakeholder engagement would be desirable.
- A solid understanding of the communications tools relevant to internal communications, including intranets, e-newsletters, print products, blogs and social media.
- Knowledge of the UK HE sector would be desirable.
- Understanding of City's diverse stakeholder groups and how to reach them.
- Excellent writing and research skills and the ability to understand and summarise complex information and relay this information in an easily accessible way, both verbally and in writing.
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to work effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organisation.
- The ability to prioritise tasks appropriately, deliver on time and carry out some projects independently.
- Highly developed IT skills.
- Candidates with a professional qualification in communications/internal communications will be highly regarded.
- This role will really suit looking for someone to step into a mangerial poistion
If this role is of interest please do apply ASAP with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience -ideally looking to interview Friday the 20th of April and candidates on three months' notice are welcome to apply.
- Deliver the internal communications strategy targeting staff
- as agreed with the Head of Communications and Events
- in liaison with other key internal stakeholders
- such as staff in Organisational Development