I am currently recruiting for a Senior Communications Officer to work at my client a leading public sector organisation based in Wakefield within the Media Relations field.
As the successful candidate your role will involve:
- Contributing to the delivery of the organisations communications strategy
- Helps to deliver the organisations key priorities
- Builds upon the organisations reputation with employees, residents, and partners
- Supports the delivery of successful communications and marketing activity
- Effectively coordinate the day-to-day provision of a high-quality proactive media relations service
- To organise photo opportunities and media briefings as required, producing briefing notes and other relevant information to senior officers and Cabinet Members.
- Provide high-quality, clear advice to colleagues at all levels of seniority on effective media relations and communications planning and delivery
- Monitor and evaluate media relations and communications campaigns, and incorporate the learning into future activities.
- Help to line manage a small team of two and lead a range of internal multi-agency projects across the organisation
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A strong understanding of media relations and communications campaigns planning and delivery techniques
- A clear understanding of what makes a newsworthy story.
- Knowledge of producing communications products, including publications.
- Knowledge of best practice in communications and marketing.
- Good understanding of issues facing local government and the public sector.
- Knowledge of effective people management techniques.
- Proven successful experience of working in communications and/or journalism teams.
- Experience of successfully planning, writing and editing publications.
- Experience of measuring and evaluating the success of marketing and communications activity.
- Experience of using social media successfully as part of the delivery of marketing and communications campaigns and activities.
- Experience of organising and managing the media, officer and members for photocalls and filming
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team that can really make a difference to the Wakefield community and help raise awareness of issues and also good news around the area too.
This post is currently mostly working from home but will be based in the Wakefield centre office as restrictions ease.
The hours of work are full time and an attractive salary of between £31,000 and £33,799 is on offer as well as host of public sector benefits.
Please apply today for the chance of an immediate interview.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'