New Appointments Group are working alongside a dynamic and creative Events and Communications company in Surrey and they are searching for a new Senior Communications Manager to join their team.
You will be managing and overseeing the delivery, from start to finish, of a diverse range of engaging communication projects.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:* Client Management
- Support the client team in the implementation of all Client Relationship Strategies;
- Support the client team in the preparation of RFP and proposals as required;
- Attend client pitch/presentation as required;
- Attend client meetings, calls and reviews on a regular basis or as required.
- To manage the delivery of the communication and content programmes for standalone and integrated projects. Preferably with pharma/ med comms experience;
- Planning and devising communication solutions whether delivered by email, website, app, video, live at a meeting etc.
- Copy writing - drafting, and managing the drafting, of written communications e.g. emails, presentations, internal newsletters websites, blog posts, articles for clients;
- Make use, and manage, a variety of internal engagement platforms, e.g. Yammer, intranets and purpose-built internal websites;
- Rolling out of email campaigns e.g. Campaign Monitor;
- Help to oversee and deliver content e.g. videos, photos and posters;
- Developing content ideas for projects e.g.Researching speakers and facilitators;
- Maintaining content and communication databases of supplier'
- Proofing team content.
The role specifically requires someone with strong digital comms experience - working with and overseeing digital solutions associated with comms projects.
- Scoping and creating budgets for digital projects;
- Developing digital solutions to support comms programmes;
- Managing and creation of websites, including use of CMS systems;
- Comms to support virtual conferences.
- Manage and oversee the delivery of multiple sized projects of varying complexity within client time frames and budget specified. Including pre and post-event communications, rewards and incentives and other internal communication programmes;
- Set, communicate and drive time lines and priorities within each project;
- Communicate, maintain and develop client relationships;
- Manage and oversee supplier relationships;
- Adhere to client specific SLA's and process requirements where necessary;
- Provide leadership, motivation, direction and support to your project team wherever appropriate;
- Travel to events or client meetings as and when required;
- Manage and oversee negotiations throughout the project life;
- Manage and implement regular communication and attend meetings within the project team to provide project status updates;
- Attend 'kick off' meetings 'briefings' and 'debrief' meetings as and when required;
- Adhere to 'on-site' etiquette at all times ensuring a positive representation of the company.
- Liaison with Governance Team to ensure all process documents are up to date and accurate;
- Ensure compliance with client and company SLAs;
- Ensure compliance with all client and company privacy and security protocols;
- Ensure compliance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) 2018 Regulations.
- Review client budgets ensuring:
- Client SLAs are taken into account;
- Profit maximisation;
- Accurate charging of costs (supplier and expenses) to the budget;
- Review and ensure currency exchange is managed in line with financial updates and checked regularly;
- Ensure prompt reconciliation post-event (maximum 30 working days or client specific);
- Manage and submit personal expenses and credit card reconciliations within time frames specified.
- Working with the Communications Lead, monitor development plans for all team members taking into account:
- Current skills analysis;
- Training needs analysis;
- Individual's needs and desires;
- Develop planning strategies;
- Develop, mentor and coach all direct reports ensuring periodic meetings to discuss progress and review development plans;
- Provide consistent leadership, motivation and direction to all team members;
- Ensure all operations teams are consistently sharing best practice and delivering to company standards at all times;
- Participate in the interviewing and selection of new team members once approved by Board Director.
- Input of timesheet activity on a weekly basis
- Ensure personal conduct is consistent with core values and live those values every day:
- Team player;
- Work collaboratively with Board, Peers and all teams to ensure effective delivery of all client projects;
- Attend company training days as and when required;
- Attend company meetings as and when required.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.