As an award winning company that has developed a range of innovative technological solutions for the energy to waste market, my client is now a world leader in recycling, energy recovery and energy production.
Due to an enviable order book and a range of projects worth in excess of $100million, they are now looking for an established Senior Commissioning Engineer to help them continue their impressive growth
This Senior Commissioning Engineer position is primarily a site based role within the UK and some overseas locations, where you will commission the equipment installed at the clients' sites.
You’ll need to occasionally work from the Nottingham offices from time to time or as the project requires.
Travel and on-site work is expected to be up to 75% of time; with periods of up to 12 weeks occasionally being expected away from home. Having said this, the company has a fair policy on home / partners visits and the work/life balance.
Due to the nature of the projects, all applicants must have UK permanent residency.
The core areas of the role include:
• Commissioning of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and software (Allen Bradley).
• Having a sound understanding of the equipment and complex control systems to allow for all aspects of trouble shooting.
• Carry out and record all of the commissioning tests, including hand-over trials.
• Continuous updating of documentation required during the commissioning process.
• On-site training of the client’s workforce.
• Provide service maintenance and design/process enhancements on an ongoing basis.
• Be available to work from the UK office (Nottingham), if required
In order to succeed in this role, it's expected that you will have:
• At least a BSc in Engineering with a number of years in mechanical and or process design / commissioning OR equivalent experience
• Sound management skills
• Experience within electrical installation supervision (liaison with contractors)
• Low to medium electrical experience (up to 600Vac)
• Previous experience of electrical commissioning & fault finding
• Experience of Allen Bradley Logix 5000 PLC's hardware / software
• A good understanding of Flex IO / DeviceNet & ControlNet hardware / software
• Experience of FactoryTalk View SCADA programming software using Ethernet communications
• PowerFlex 4/40/70/700 series VFD's hardware / ControlNet communications experience
• Knowledge of instrumentation (oxygen analyzers, pressure transmitters, thermocouples etc.)
• Experience of Hydraulic commissioning & fault finding
• An understanding of combustion fault finding on burner systems
• Process knowledge; ideally within the thermal or waste to energy industries (other industries will be considered)
• A working knowledge of AutoCAD & Microsoft office products
In addition to working on some extremely interesting projects and developing your career with a world leader, you can expect the following rewards:
• Very good basic salary
• Health scheme
• Good company pension
• Good annual leave allowance
• Good expenses
• Excellent career path & development opportunities
If this sounds like a role that suits your skills and experience, please apply and I will be in touch within 3 days with those that most suit the position.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business