Senior Commercial Valuation Control Manager
Excellent opportunity to take on a new role in the growing Dublin office, excellent leadership
Well known global financial services firm with an excellent reputation in the aviation space
The core function of this role is to perform the independent valuation and impairment assessment for the leasing portfolio for aircraft and ships; facilitate all related communications with internal and external stakeholders; contribute to the strategic initiatives within the group.
- Review cash flow modeling on the aircraft and ship leases and ensure that the valuation and impairment methodology are appropriate.
- Review discount rates and ensure that the methodology is in line with accounting standards and that all relevant risks are captured.
- Review all assumptions related to the impairment assessment on a regular basis and ensure that they are appropriate.
- Assess counterparty risk for all leases and assist management understanding of the credit risk in the lease portfolios.
- Review major aircraft and ship types to assess asset risk in terms of re-lease, liquidity and residual value.
- Develop and enhance the valuation methodology and streamline the review process.
- Monitor market trends for aircraft and ship leases and opine on the aircraft and ship CMV, forecasted rental rates, forecasted exit values, downtime, and useful life trends.
- Liaise and communicate with the Commercial Team in order to understand the business strategy related to specific aircraft and ships; present independent testing results and highlight issues to the senior management team;
- Ensure all the commercial changes/updates in leases are incorporated properly into valuations;
Our client is ideally seeking candidates who have:
- Ideally a degree/background in Aeronautical Engineering
- Prior knowledge of an Appraisers environment
- A commercial mindset
Excellent rewards and benefits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job