Leading Telecoms operator working with one of UK's largest energy companies is seeking an experienced Senior Commercial Operations Analyst for their offices in London or Reading. The role is reporting to the Commercial Manager and will be responsible for supporting several aspects of business functions.
The company serves over 400,000 businesses throughout the country, delivering energy and energy management, multi-utility networks, contracting and lighting solutions, and telecoms for organisations of all sizes.
Senior Commercial Operations Analyst will:
- Actively support the Energy Team in the running of day-to-day business operations.
- Manage long-term planning and performance tracking of the business.
- Ensure the timely data analysis and accurate billing of ad-hoc financial agreements.
- Identify, own and implement work streams, projects and/or initiatives aimed at streamlining and making more efficient the business operations in order to achieve increased profitability.
- Actively incorporate learning's from and share with the Commercial, Business Development, Asset Management, amongst other relevant teams, with the end-goal of maximising the profitability of the portfolio of assets and the business.
- Strong numerical understanding and customer driven focus are essential.
- An understanding of the energy industry and corporate finance would also be beneficial.
- You will have strong Project Management skills as well as extensive experience working with databases and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in an analytical or commercial role within the finance, consulting, business development or energy industry.
- Ideally you will be degree educated.
- Detail-oriented individual with excellent organisational skills and a curiosity and capacity to understand complex commercial and project issues.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritise, plan, organise and balance immediate and longer term business priorities.
- Build and sustain working relationships with key stakeholders at various levels both internally and externally.
- Create interesting and impactful content to go to management boards and senior decision makers.
The role will be suited to candidates who have worked in large FTSE 250 organisations, working with large volumes of data/projects, business partnering skills, fast paced and demanding environments, a team player who is highly analytical, confident and personable character.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.